Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 01-18-2012, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Here is my newest machine that I picked up for $10![ATTACH=CONFIG]304151[/ATTACH]
It looks great! It's hard to pass up the 3/4 machines, they're just so cute.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:25 AM

Ok all of you in the know, is there a chain stitch attachment for Singer's models 127, VS2, 28, 15, or 66? What about the Free, or Two Spools, or Davis, or Wheeler & Wilson, or Hales Crescent treadles? I would love to get a chain stitch attachment without having to buy another treadle, although, I would buy another one if it had that attachment with it!

Nancy
Hi,
Never heard of any attachments for these guys. I'm fond of Willcox and Gibbs and Singer 24's for chain stitchers.
Jon
Old 01-18-2012, 12:26 PM

Ok all of you in the know, is there a chain stitch attachment for Singer's models 127, VS2, 28, 15, or 66? What about the Free, or Two Spools, or Davis, or Wheeler & Wilson, or Hales Crescent treadles? I would love to get a chain stitch attachment without having to buy another treadle, although, I would buy another one if it had that attachment with it!

Nancy

Nancy,
I've never heard of chain stitch attachments for any of those machines.
I'll research it for you when I get back to my computer tonight.
I'm on my phone now and searchs on itare a PIA.

Cathy
Old 01-18-2012, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
It looks great! It's hard to pass up the 3/4 machines, they're just so cute.
I know! I have 3 - a 99, a 185, and a 192 (Spartan). Love them all-they are just too fun!

Pat
Old 01-18-2012, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
The blackout is just for today (Jan. 18), I believe. *I just noticed that you can click on a link at the bottom of the blackout page to take you to your local CL, so it's not totally down.*
I love the CLs page today!!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 04:19 PM

Default Help!!!

I am/was so stoked. My hopping foot for my 301 came and the new cord. I rewired the foot pedal and put on the new foot. It sews like a dream!! Sloop, I made up a practice sandwich and practiced for a while til I was comfortable with my work. Again, the stitches are beautiful! So I start free motion on my project. Still beautiful stitches. Did about a 12 inch square, then, all of a sudden it started skipping stitches. At first it would sew8-10 st inches then skip for an inch, then after a couple of these cycles it started skipping more than it stitched. I've checked the upper thread and bobbin, all seems good. Anyone experience this? Any ideas how to remedy? TIA
Old 01-18-2012, 04:40 PM

Hello Nancy,

I just posted it in the picture area. I am still trying to learn my way around this board. Cant seem to upload pics from my phone app to the board.

Hollyann
Old 01-18-2012, 04:47 PM

Default 1904 Standard Sewing Machine Company, Hygenic Central Needle

If anyone has any info on this machine it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Hollyann
Old 01-18-2012, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Hollyann View Post
If anyone has any info on this machine it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Hollyann
Hi Hollyann,

I have a Standard Rotary machine that looks like yours. These are sweet machines to sew with. Mine came with the chain stitch attachments. One is the spider which is used to make the chains, and it looks like this.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]304320[/ATTACH]

And the other is the hemmer for the chain stitch, which looks like this.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]304321[/ATTACH]

On my blog, I have posted more information on these attachments. Here is the link to the page, just scroll down to the posts titled "The Deadly Hemmer" and "I Have a Spider": http://color-my-world-with-warmth.bl...max-results=50

I don't have a manual for this machine; so, I can't help you there if you are looking for one.
Attached Thumbnails screen-shot-2012-01-18-5.19.06-pm.png   screen-shot-2012-01-18-5.18.54-pm.png  
Old 01-18-2012, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by buslady View Post
I am/was so stoked. My hopping foot for my 301 came and the new cord. I rewired the foot pedal and put on the new foot. It sews like a dream!! Sloop, I made up a practice sandwich and practiced for a while til I was comfortable with my work. Again, the stitches are beautiful! So I start free motion on my project. Still beautiful stitches. Did about a 12 inch square, then, all of a sudden it started skipping stitches. At first it would sew8-10 st inches then skip for an inch, then after a couple of these cycles it started skipping more than it stitched. I've checked the upper thread and bobbin, all seems good. Anyone experience this? Any ideas how to remedy? TIA

I've found the best way to FMQ with my 301's is to step on the gas full steam and move the fabric slower. You'll get smaller stitches but it won't skip as much. If it continues to skip there may be an adjustment needed in the hook to needle clearance or timing.