Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3999 of 4403 FirstFirst ... 2999 3499 3899 3949 3989 3998 3999 4000 4009 4049 4099 ... LastLast
Results 39,981 to 39,990 of 44029

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

It really is so much work repainting a sewing machine, but I love how they look when finished. I'm working on 3 of them today.
    Lynn

Quiet today! I zig zagged the binding on the donation quilt and decided to buy a wide backing for the top I just made. I usually piece my backes, but i wanted flannel and figured if i had to buy fabric, I may as well buy really wide fabric! So I have to wait for that to come in the mail before I baste it. No new machines on the horizon...but I have checked CL twice today, so there must be one out there that wants to come live at my house! Laura

cams?

Anyone know what these cams go to? Picked them up at the local SA today.

Name:  100_0600.JPG
Views: 199
Size:  740.7 KBName:  100_0595.JPG
Views: 202
Size:  769.8 KBName:  100_0598.JPG
Views: 212
Size:  846.5 KBName:  100_0599.JPG
Views: 204
Size:  783.3 KB

Blog Entries
    sure are pretty cams...
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

I looked on Ebay and found these, look a lot like the same ones to me. What do you think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-JANO...item337ecd5632

I don't have a clue about your cams.... sure look like a nice assortment. I'm surprized that there isn't a name somewhere on something.

I do have good news to report. I did some hand sewing on my cathedral window quilt yesterday.... YEAH!! It is slow going but I was able to thread the needle, make a knot, and stitch. It felt so good to have a needle in my hand. Now, I need to try using one of the machines. Thanks so much to all of you that have wished me well with my arm. I'm still making progress.

Blog Entries
    Nanna-up-north, that wonderful news...slow and steady as she goes and u will be up to speed soon.
    Lee, your cams...darn we were just discussing all the different cams on a Facebook vintage group I belong to I will try to find that conversation as I am pretty sure someone mentioned the blue ones.
    dee fox
    cedar city ut and i am a fabricaholic & i have a few other addictions-scrap booking is right up there w/ fabric

Blog Entries
    Ok Lee I just posted your pic for the group on FB, hopefully we can get you a answer soon.
    dee fox
    cedar city ut and i am a fabricaholic & i have a few other addictions-scrap booking is right up there w/ fabric

Lee,
    Your cams are not Janome. They belong to a White brand sewing machine model #967 which would have been new in 1976. I bought mine new and used it for about 30 years until the only plastic part that goes around the cam follower broke and a replacement couldn't be found. So the cams and automatic buttonholer won't work. I loved that machine. Always hoped that I could find a donor machine to get the part off of.
    Don't know if these cams would work on another White model from that time frame or not.
    Judy

Quote Originally Posted by lee231 View Post
    I looked on Ebay and found these, look a lot like the same ones to me. What do you think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-JANO...item337ecd5632
    Last edited by Ohio Star Quilter; 01-03-2013 at 10:41 AM.

Blog Entries
    YAY!! The holidays are OVER!! I love the holidays, but this year, I'm whipped and ready to relax! I don't think there was a day that we weren't going somewhere!

Reading the "cam posts", I picked up a set of cams for an Elna if anyone needs them...let me know.

Santa was good to me and brought me a pressure canner!! I'm really excited about that...
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com