Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4016 of 4380 FirstFirst ... 3016 3516 3916 3966 4006 4015 4016 4017 4026 4066 4116 ... LastLast
Results 40,151 to 40,160 of 43792

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by craftiladi View Post
    Exactly why i haven't been here much.....I am determined to get caught up. But then I have also had a few distractions....he he
    Dee, I also love the yellow Brother! The little Tru Sew looks like a 99 clone? Is it? The blue on your Kenmore is also really nice. All those machines look to be in great shape too! Lucky you!

Nancy

Ya'll know what I just realized? I didn't need to buy a exercise stepper with my amazon gift card... All I need to do is master treadling instead! I wonder how many calories it burns?
    Cil

I'm a Queen.... at least my pantyhose say I am!

(proud caretaker of a magenta 221, purple 222, assorted 66's, a 301, a pink Atlas and Monarch, and Granny's 201-2.

Dee -

This blue Kenmore 15 clone is to die for. Where did you find it? Is it as nice in person as it looks in this picture?

It does look nice. Are you going to put in a case or a cabinet?

Joe

Banned
    I know some folks here really like Morse portable two tone machines and this one is $35
    http://orlando.craigslist.org/atq/3480546511.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goonberrie View Post
    Hi! I'm goonberrie! newish to quilting period. I have discovered my husband's grandmother's old treadle in an old shed, and I use the term shed loosely. almost no protection to Montana's weather. do you know of any miracle workers in Montana? I would like to see about restoring it. please 'pm' me here. Thank you for any assistance.
    Hi goonberrie!
    Can you post pics of the machine? If it's not too bad, you should be able to clean it up and get it running yourself... Welcome to the mad world of antique/vintage machines! They're wonderful things to have and use!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Have Miz Pat take videos when you teach Miriam to treadle Skip!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

Blog Entries
    Have been busy lately...I've been trying to teach myself to knit socks! Don't have a clue as to why I want to knit socks, but for some reason I just HAVE to do it! I'm not doing too bad...have one sock almost done. I'm super slow at it, so I MIGHT have a new pair of wool socks for next winter!

Have been helping a customer clean out his storage unit...he and his wife live in Hawaii, and she has been very ill, so their dream of a second home here has been dashed...he gifted me with a service for 12 of the Franciscan "Desert Rose" china, with just about every serving piece you can think of. The other biggie that he gifted me with was one of her half finished quilts...Double Wedding Ring, absolutely beautiful work, hope I can do it justice when I attempt to finish it! There were two completed wallhangings and a Rowenta iron and quite a lot of smaller sewing notions too...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Have Miz Pat take videos when you teach Miriam to treadle Skip!
    Hi Charlee, I intend to have Pat take a video teaching Miriam it will be a fun time I am sure.
    Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Hi Charlee, I intend to have Pat take a video teaching Miriam it will be a fun time I am sure.
    Skip
    VIDEO???????? AW come on - that would NOT be that entertaining... not unless I wear my shoes.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill