Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4039 of 4350 FirstFirst ... 3039 3539 3939 3989 4029 4038 4039 4040 4049 4089 4139 ... LastLast
Results 40,381 to 40,390 of 43496

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    Miriam, If you are able to work the knob and it is on it's side like this, try oiling it where I indicated and moving the knob back and forth. It helps speed things along getting things moving. ... Then get a Marlboro.
    ~G~

Attachment 393213
    Hummmmm, better yet what about getting the Marlboro MAN! I didn't say that! My DH is great!

Nancy

Nancy, I was reluctant to get some Tri-flow but now that I have tried it, I can say that it is better than regular oil on stuck or seized parts. I will continue to use Singer Oil for regular stuff but the Tri-Flow is much better for the things you are describing.
    ~G~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    Nancy, I was reluctant to get some Tri-flow but now that I have tried it, I can say that it is better than regular oil on stuck or seized parts. I will continue to use Singer Oil for regular stuff but the Tri-Flow is much better for the things you are describing.
    ~G~
    Yup T-F and some patience. That one in the pic was pretty gunked up as you can see - T-F saved the day. I did clean some more on it but the T-F did get it moving after some time.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal.
    It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

not sure this has been posted before....

http://www.etsy.com/listing/12006778...earch_type=all
    Cil

I'm a Queen.... at least my pantyhose say I am!

(proud caretaker of a magenta 221, purple 222, assorted 66's, a 301, a pink Atlas and Monarch, and Granny's 201-2.

Quote Originally Posted by makitmama View Post

OMG, cat yak.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries

No thank you!

Ok, this goes to prove my Best Friend's Dads old saying "nail any two things together that have never been nailed together before and some schmuck will buy it"

so if nailing 2 things is good, nailing 15 is 'gooder'?
    Cil

I'm a Queen.... at least my pantyhose say I am!

(proud caretaker of a magenta 221, purple 222, assorted 66's, a 301, a pink Atlas and Monarch, and Granny's 201-2.

Blog Entries

That is disgusting! But, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder - someone else may love it!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Mizkaki;5839156]Nancy,

I doubt that this machine takes the 12x1. I haven't seen this machine in person so I am using an educated guess about the needle . I believe that it should take a DBx1. The 16X1 needle is the same length as the DBx1, 16x231 and 15x1. BTW did you orient the needle so that the long groove is to the left and thread it left to right? The needles that I gave you are round shank and the orientation must be done with care. If you did orient it correctly and it still doesn't pick up the bobbin thread, try scooting the needle down a tiny bit.
    If all else fails, I will be home on Friday and will be glad to find you the correct needle.

Cathy

Yipppppeeeeee! My Adler is sewing a perfect stitch! Cathy, I should never never question you! I found an old needle case in the drawers of the Adler cabinet. The needles are 287WH/1738 Nadeln. I googled that size and Schmetz came back that the 287WH/1738 is the same as a 16x231 or DBx1. So I put in one of your 16/231's and of course I had a perfect stitch - I could have gotten a perfect stitch all along, but I had to play with the orientation of the needle. This Adler has a full reverse just like a modern machine! I am still having trouble with the feed dog drop, but that will come.

Cathy, do you have a free motion needle spring you will sell me for this machine? I think, it would be fun to dabble a little in FM with the Adler.

Nancy