Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4049 of 4403 FirstFirst ... 3049 3549 3949 3999 4039 4048 4049 4050 4059 4099 4149 ... LastLast
Results 40,481 to 40,490 of 44029

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

The Howe in the picture is more of a work of art than a sewing machine.

Joe

True. So VERY true. I love the variability of this period. Rather than the later automatic "this one is this way" or at best "these variants only"...

So cool

FYI - Heading up to Mizkaki's place for a Play and Trade day.... Woo Hoo! I hope to "get rid of" these new machines, you know like from the 1900's ... Grin.

Who else is coming?? I have heard from a few others. Nancy?

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    FYI - Heading up to Mizkaki's place for a Play and Trade day.... Woo Hoo! I hope to "get rid of" these new machines, you know like from the 1900's ... Grin.
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mizkaki View Post
    who else is coming?? I have heard from a few others. Nancy?

Cathy
    wwwwaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Me and Elaine too, wwwwaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Maybe some day.

Joe

Is it permissible to post pictures of your "play day"? At least we play vicariously. I wanna play too!

Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    I received a surprise call today. A guy had 4 machines and 3 complete cabinets plus 2 partial cabinets and he wanted to know if I wanted to at least look at them. Of course I do!! All were Singer machines, 1 pretty rusty, and the other 3 are doable. 3 if not 4 of the cabinets are are Singer cabinets and one is a mystery. Bought it all plus a box of sewing machine paraphernalia for $100. 1 machine is a 99, 1 is a 15, 1 is a 66 and the other is a Sphinx. The last one is the rusty one and the seller said he thought maybe cats had gotten to it but it had the bullet for the shuttle in it. That one will be looking for a new home for postage only if anyone's interested.
    The partial cabinets are the tops only with some ornate carvings plus mouse or rat leavings in at least one of them. I will attempt picture tomorrow.
    I do have a bum hand due to a freak garage door accident that took part of my right pinkie fingertip (like down to the bone or almost there). Waiting to see orthopedic surgeon on Monday for his analysis and verdict.
    He also had a Hinterberg floor hoop that he and his wife hadn't decided on for the price. I may be interested in that but not decided yet. He inherited all this stuff from his mom's estate I'm guessing. Tons of stuff.
    Last edited by chris_quilts; 02-16-2013 at 05:23 PM.
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
    I received a surprise call today. <abuo> Bought it all plus a box of sewing machine paraphernalia <snip>
    Great find! I hope all is well with your finger - I'm not very good with injuries :-(
    Judy

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the well wishes. We have all been joking about it. DH told someone that I had sasses him one too many times with an attitude to boot so this was his way of shutting me up. He was kidding but our friend looked shocked until DH said he was joking.
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options