Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 02-04-2012, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I found that you have to moderate but firm prices on CL and be patient. Give out plenty of info with good pictures. Don't bother with "it was grandmas, serious inquiry only" Put your phone number in but make it so that it isn't something someone can automatically dial. (1-123-321-1234) will come up on someones cell some how and they can dial it but (1-123-one two three -1234) is ok. Allow emails with new titles & their phone numbers. Don't look at the ones that come back with your same title or wanting to know if you will lend them money or what ever. Read the safety info on CL.
I always use the spousal units phone number in the ads I post on CL, so there's no question that there's a man around, and I spell out the number so that the troll-bots don't pick up on it, I don't usually do emails, and I do usually state "Cash only, no "agent pickup"... as the scammers usually want to send a check with an "agent" to pick up the item. It helps that we live where we work, so I can take items for sale to the office or out to one of the storage units and keep strangers out of my home...
Old 02-04-2012, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
OMG! I was just talking to the spousal unit and telling him which machines I was planning to post and everytime I would point one out, he'd say, "but you wanted that one"... "we worked hard on that one"..."that was your first one"...."I don't know, it's pretty cute..." and finally, "What's wrong with making a couple of payments on the credit card?"
I get to keep my babies!!
~happy dance~ I think he loves me!!
You lucky girl!! Don't you just love the keepers like him? Again, congratulations, you lucky girl.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Candace, did you buy that black 301 that I saw on Craigslist yesterday or the day before? I went back to try and find it and it is gone! It was really nice. Someone from Sacramento was selling it for a very reasonable asking price, way under $100. I can't find it now. I was going to go get it! I hope you got that one! Anyway, someone knew what it was and snatched that baby up quick!

Nancy

Nancy, I did see a black shortbed listed for $200 yesterday. First, it's more than I'd pay:> And I already own a black, short bed 301, so didn't need it. Unless the ad you saw was different..... I didn't pay that much for mine either. Of course it needed some work. But, that's what I like. I think Miriam, Charlee and I are addicted to puzzles!

Is this the ad or was it a different one? http://sacramento.craigslist.org/app/2833285536.html

Last edited by Candace; 02-04-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
OMG! I was just talking to the spousal unit and telling him which machines I was planning to post and everytime I would point one out, he'd say, "but you wanted that one"... "we worked hard on that one"..."that was your first one"...."I don't know, it's pretty cute..." and finally, "What's wrong with making a couple of payments on the credit card?"
I get to keep my babies!!
~happy dance~ I think he loves me!!
You are one lucky woman!!! Wish you could remember where the mall was as we are going to Eugene today, to check out yard sales, and would love to go by an JUST look at the new machine. Sounds like you will be coming back over that hill again.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by crewsemj View Post
You are one lucky woman!!! Wish you could remember where the mall was as we are going to Eugene today, to check out yard sales, and would love to go by an JUST look at the new machine. Sounds like you will be coming back over that hill again.
I can drive right to it, but do you think I can remember the name or street that it's on?? I'm a landmark driver...I'll ask the SU and see if he remembers!
Old 02-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Nancy, I did see a black shortbed listed for $200 yesterday. First, it's more than I'd pay:> And I already own a black, short bed 301, so didn't need it. Unless the ad you saw was different..... I didn't pay that much for mine either. Of course it needed some work. But, that's what I like. I think Miriam, Charlee and I are addicted to puzzles!

Is this the ad or was it a different one? http://sacramento.craigslist.org/app/2833285536.html
Someone has loftier ideas here in Indy...... http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/atq/2821906344.html
Old 02-04-2012, 08:35 AM

Someone has loftier ideas here in Indy...... http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/atq/2821906344.html
NICE cabinet tho!!
Old 02-04-2012, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post

No it was a black 301, but it was an ad from West Sacramento and they were only asking $60! The ad is gone, was only there a very short time! I thought you got the machine as WSac wouldn't be far for you to go! I won't pay $200 for a 301 either! I'll wait to find one at a yard, estate sale cheap!

Nancy
Old 02-04-2012, 08:43 AM

Maybe they are looking for a football widow this weekend. Hubby at game for $$$$$$, she spends $$$ on machines. Have you seen what motel rooms are going for?! One here in Martinsville, 30 or more miles south of Indy is sold out Thurs through Sun night at $279 a room with a 4 day minimum stay that usually cost $100 a night.

I know most of you have more vintage machines, and some are talking about downsizing, but I 'm looking for a newer one. I have a friend who is looking for a 1958 Featherweight for his girlfriend for the year she was born. Any one know one for sale? Thanks
Old 02-04-2012, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
That is disgusting! What is it? A ram/mountain goat?

Nancy
Its a cow skull, for some reason in the southwest and Texas they consider it art. Its beyond me.
Sharon