Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4077 of 4376 FirstFirst ... 3077 3577 3977 4027 4067 4076 4077 4078 4087 4127 4177 ... LastLast
Results 40,761 to 40,770 of 43755

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Grant,
    If you are willing to share that wiring tutorial, I would love to have it, also. I have one machine that is so bad that it is scary that someone actually may have used it recently. If you are willing to share, PM me and I will send my email address by return PM. Thanks, Donna
    Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    Miriam, I get great prices on machines if the wiring is bad when buying them. Fortunately, rewiring doesn't scare me. For many machines, it is quite simple. I do some rewiring on about 1/2 to 1/3 of the machines I do. Quite often it is the motor leads (wires going into the motor housing). I'd be glad to shoot you an email tutorial I did if you would like.
    ~G~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blueheavenfla View Post
    Grant,
    If you are willing to share that wiring tutorial, I would love to have it, also. I have one machine that is so bad that it is scary that someone actually may have used it recently. If you are willing to share, PM me and I will send my email address by return PM. Thanks, Donna
    I'm thinking you could post a tutorial on here and everybody would be happy!
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Hey Miriam...how come you are so smart and I am so old? I should have thought of that posting the tutorial on here but I guess old brains just work slower. Thanks for the good idea!

Blog Entries
    Maybe Glenn can chime in on the tutorial, too. Oh and I keep getting older, too....
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Maybe Glenn can chime in on the tutorial, too. Oh and I keep getting older, too....
    I recommend you learn how to solder first. Right Miriam?????
    Glenn W. Cleveland

For the most part wiring motors is easy. Well, wiring a sewing machine is easy, that's all there is to it.

Yes, you need to know how to solder. And using a good electrical solder like Radio Shack used to sell is a big help.
    Check your local hardware store for solder.

J e

Oh yeah, you should learn how to tie an underwriters knot too. Very important knot.

Je

Blog Entries
    Soldering and underwriters knot covered here. I used to work at a shop where we made most of the teleprompters in use at that time were made. Additionally, I helped DH wire the house we built ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Oh yeah, you should learn how to tie an underwriters knot too. Very important knot.

Je

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I recommend you learn how to solder first. Right Miriam?????
    I still have to master that.

so I learned to solder jewelry...and have all the tools etc. Any differences? I use silver shiny solder, not the dull grey stuff. I can tie a surgeons knot...
    I would love a tute- what sort of bribe would work?
    Cil

I'm a Queen.... at least my pantyhose say I am!

(proud caretaker of a magenta 221, purple 222, assorted 66's, a 301, a pink Atlas and Monarch, and Granny's 201-2.