Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4093 of 4350 FirstFirst ... 3093 3593 3993 4043 4083 4092 4093 4094 4103 4143 4193 ... LastLast
Results 40,921 to 40,930 of 43496

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

If I was not near my limit, i would buy that just to have a later Howe for the collection...

I really want it, but too far away. The missing foot peddle might be grounds for reducing the price, and perhaps someone can adapt one.

Blog Entries
    I'm thinking about it... I'm catch and release though... The foot thing makes me think less $$ for it, too. Does it have bobbins bobbin cases? What should I look at?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal.
    It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    I'm thinking about it... I'm catch and release though... The foot thing makes me think less $$ for it, too. Does it have bobbins bobbin cases? What should I look at?
    It is a vibrating shuttle with long bobbin so be sure the machine as a shuttle and at least one bobbin.
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal.
    It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Here's another Sewhandy in KS. Slightly different and in better condition:
    { http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...-12817966.html }

Joe

Blog Entries
    I am taking the discussion on your machines in the Photo Shop here because we are not suppose to discuss the machines over there!

Steve, your Frister & Rossmann's decals look beautiful. I saw that machine advertized on Craigslist! I almost went for it, but I am trying to quit buying machines! I love the HC's! I am glad you are getting that machine!

Caroline, your VS2 Fiddlebase is in pretty rough shape, but after all it is 124 years old! I'd turn that baby back into a HC - just get rid of those wires that were added!

Grant, someone has really taken good care of that 201. I don't see what it needs that you are going to work on?

Steve, if I make a cardboard template of the slide plate I need for my Minnesota H, will you make me a slide plate? Of course, I will pay for your time, materials, and postage.

Nancy

Miriam, That was in a fire! It may still be smoking. I had one of those for sale for months and it was in fantastic condition.
    Nancy, alas, I was not able to get that 201.
    ~G~

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    I am taking the discussion on your machines in the Photo Shop here because we are not suppose to discuss the machines over there!

Steve, your Frister & Rossmann's decals look beautiful. I saw that machine advertized on Craigslist! I almost went for it, but I am trying to quit buying machines! I love the HC's! I am glad you are getting that machine!

Steve, if I make a cardboard template of the slide plate I need for my Minnesota H, will you make me a slide plate? Of course, I will pay for your time, materials, and postage.Nancy
    Nancy,

First, Thanks for moving the convo here, I should never have responded to that first reply... my bad.

Second, Sure no problem. Heavy card stock sample that actually slides into your machine would be fine. Depending on your need for speed, we can probably work out a pickup and/or delivery also. (Heather is heading up to Placerville today in fact, she will be stopping in Elk Grove to pick up the F&R HC at 4:30 on her way back)

Steve,

Did you get my email with all the pics and specs?

Joe