Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4101 of 4409 FirstFirst ... 3101 3601 4001 4051 4091 4100 4101 4102 4111 4151 4201 ... LastLast
Results 41,001 to 41,010 of 44088

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #41001
    Super Member Glenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    2,176
    Blog Entries
    1
    Congrats on your wedding. You gonna make the new man help with sewing machine refurbishing/
    Glenn W. Cleveland

  2. #41002
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,972
    Blog Entries
    10
    Grant, Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! I love weddings!!! They always make me happy and sad at the same time; I ball my eyes out all the time. May your auspicious day be full of merriment and joy, and may your lives together be prosperous.

  3. #41003
    Super Member chris_quilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    leavenworth, ks
    Posts
    2,631
    Blog Entries
    19
    Grant, Congrats on the upcoming nuptials. Hope the day goes fabulously for you and the bride.

    Chris
    Last edited by chris_quilts; 04-01-2013 at 04:27 PM.
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

    I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

  4. #41004
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,972
    Blog Entries
    10
    Steve, I'm not at your level of salvaging sad looking machines. I will post my repaint onto the thread that you started once I get brave enough to do the paint job on my Eldredge that needs that work done. I'm enjoying read that thread and do hope that others will post to it too. You are a man of great talent by restoring these sad looking machines to their former beauty. You are their Fountain of Youth.

  5. #41005
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,676
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Steve, I'm not at your level of salvaging sad looking machines. I will post my repaint onto the thread that you started once I get brave enough to do the paint job on my Eldredge that needs that work done. I'm enjoying read that thread and do hope that others will post to it too. You are a man of great talent by restoring these sad looking machines to their former beauty. You are their Fountain of Youth.
    I bring them back from the depths of despair mechanically but making parts? Not my thing. I think Glenn is planning to come up here and do that little chain stitch machine - maybe he's hauling it home, I don't know.. at least it won't take up much space.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  6. #41006
    Super Member Glenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    2,176
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    I bring them back from the depths of despair mechanically but making parts? Not my thing. I think Glenn is planning to come up here and do that little chain stitch machine - maybe he's hauling it home, I don't know.. at least it won't take up much space.
    Of course I am hauling it home... Don't think I will have time to do while in Indy. You have work for me on machines and Pat has work for me and you to go shopping for the bargins....
    Glenn W. Cleveland

  7. #41007
    Super Member DogHouseMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Grundy Co Illinois
    Posts
    5,243
    Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    I have my current project on there but it is going slow and I am getting married next week. I have been a little busy with other things so, it may not be done until after then. I will post updated photos of it there when I have something new to show you there.
    ~G~
    congratulations Grant! I wish you many happy years together.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

    Sue

  8. #41008
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,676
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Of course I am hauling it home... Don't think I will have time to do while in Indy. You have work for me on machines and Pat has work for me and you to go shopping for the bargins....
    I'm waiting. Tap tap tap... DGDs helped run the plumbing pipes for the shop potty today. The 8 year old, Miss M had a hankering for going into the crawl space and the 11 year, Miss G old wanted no part of it - too creepy. Mostly they fished pipe through the holes. It was fun. We used plastic pipe. Then we decided to make some pincushions. Miss M wants to make them look like doughnuts with pins instead of sprinkles. So I asked her if she had a pattern. No. So we went to the doughnut place and bought doughnuts. We took lots of pictures of doughnuts. Then they ate the doughnuts. After that we bought felt. I told her she had to make a pattern based on the pictures. Miss G is making her first quilt. She thought it would be easier to go buy a pincushion... yeah it would...
    Name:  Doughnuts 012.JPG
Views: 185
Size:  142.7 KB
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  9. #41009
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,972
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    I'm waiting. Tap tap tap... DGDs helped run the plumbing pipes for the shop potty today. The 8 year old, Miss M had a hankering for going into the crawl space and the 11 year, Miss G old wanted no part of it - too creepy. Mostly they fished pipe through the holes. It was fun. We used plastic pipe. Then we decided to make some pincushions. Miss M wants to make them look like doughnuts with pins instead of sprinkles. So I asked her if she had a pattern. No. So we went to the doughnut place and bought doughnuts. We took lots of pictures of doughnuts. Then they ate the doughnuts. After that we bought felt. I told her she had to make a pattern based on the pictures. Miss G is making her first quilt. She thought it would be easier to go buy a pincushion... yeah it would...
    Name:  Doughnuts 012.JPG
Views: 185
Size:  142.7 KB
    Of course one needs a model. Why not doughnuts! Too cute! Miriam, I love that story.

  10. #41010
    Senior Member grant15clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    Posts
    781
    Thank you all for the well wishes on my nuptials. And Glenn, my Bride to be is not all that into sewing machines.
    ~G~

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.