Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4113 of 4419 FirstFirst ... 3113 3613 4013 4063 4103 4112 4113 4114 4123 4163 4213 ... LastLast
Results 41,121 to 41,130 of 44185

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #41121
    Super Member chris_quilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    leavenworth, ks
    Posts
    2,664
    Blog Entries
    19
    Well, the gal who wanted me to clean up her sewing machines for her living estate sale has changed her mind. Don't know if it's a permanent or temporary change of mind/heart. She cancelled the playdate with the machines for this week. She did, however, give me her "best price" for the 15-91 in the trapezoid cabinet. She is firm and wants $100 for it. I am disinclined, currently, to pay that for a machine I don't need nor even want. I do like the cabinet though. She said she might call me if things changed ~ I know she wasn't talking about the machine price.
    Chris
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

    I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

  2. #41122
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Martinsville, Indiana
    Posts
    1,444
    SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mizkaki told me what needles to get for my Gritzner hand crank. I put the needle in where I thought it should go as I couldn't find the mark on the needle bar. No bad sounds were heard so I proceeded. (could it be covered by the thing that holds the needle to the bar?) Not going to look now, as I filled the shuttle bobbin, guessing how it needed to be done, and figured out how to get the thread through the slots in the shuttle and tried sewing with it. My first stitches came out too tight on the bottom and small. BUT STITCHES ANYWAY!!!!! I figured out how to use a screw on the top of the head to tighten the tension and a screw knob on the right side to lengthen the stitch. Now I get a great stitch and the sound of the machine when I turn the hand crank is just so sweet!!! I have a WORKING machine now, not a toy!! Thanks everyone who had suggestions of how to make it work!

  3. #41123
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northern CA near Sacramento
    Posts
    1,105
    Janis,

    Congrats, I knew you could do it.
    The timing mark on the needlebar is about 1 to 1 1/2 inches down from the top of the needlebar. It's not down near the needle clamp.

    Cathy

    Quote Originally Posted by Janis View Post
    SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mizkaki told me what needles to get for my Gritzner hand crank. I put the needle in where I thought it should go as I couldn't find the mark on the needle bar. No bad sounds were heard so I proceeded. (could it be covered by the thing that holds the needle to the bar?) Not going to look now, as I filled the shuttle bobbin, guessing how it needed to be done, and figured out how to get the thread through the slots in the shuttle and tried sewing with it. My first stitches came out too tight on the bottom and small. BUT STITCHES ANYWAY!!!!! I figured out how to use a screw on the top of the head to tighten the tension and a screw knob on the right side to lengthen the stitch. Now I get a great stitch and the sound of the machine when I turn the hand crank is just so sweet!!! I have a WORKING machine now, not a toy!! Thanks everyone who had suggestions of how to make it work!
    Cathy

    "Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

  4. #41124
    Junior Member makitmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tidewater, VA
    Posts
    254
    well, this is sweet. hope someone from the board grabs it.

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Inte...-/330904911227
    Cil




    I'm a Queen.... at least my pantyhose say I am!


    (proud caretaker of a magenta 221, purple 222, assorted 66's, a 301, a pink Atlas and Monarch, and Granny's 201-2.

  5. #41125
    Super Member SteveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Lorenzo, CA
    Posts
    3,978
    Does Anyone know what happened to Needlebar.org?

    I am trying to help identify an old New/home/ideal/etc machine. Flat plate top tension, long bobbin VS, winder is high up on the pillar and the stitch length adjuster is not on the bed but is up on the pillar as a vertical slide. Rococo decals.

    Name:  unknown machine.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  38.3 KB

  6. #41126
    Super Member jlhmnj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Millville, NJ
    Posts
    1,262
    Hi Steve,

    I sent an email yesterday and am waiting for a reply. When I hear something I'll let you know.

    Jon

  7. #41127
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Martinsville, Indiana
    Posts
    1,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    Janis,

    Congrats, I knew you could do it.
    The timing mark on the needlebar is about 1 to 1 1/2 inches down from the top of the needlebar. It's not down near the needle clamp.

    Cathy
    The timing mark on this machine is on top of the needlebar. I looked and looked for it to be on the lower portion of the needlebar and didn't find it. I shined a flashlight all along the bottom of the needlebar to see if it was visible, and there were no markings there. Today I looked on the top of the needlebar that goes up above the machine and found it there! Who knew! It's probably easier to see up there where it isn't in shadows from the machine.

  8. #41128
    Senior Member Letty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    557
    Hi thimblebug6000, that is surely a 221k,I have just bought one too, in near perfect condition, yours looks the same.I also have a 222k, she has a freearm and you can also drop the feeddogs for quilting.I havent used them much yet but have been busy making quilted covers for them, plus for my Brother and Toyota. The 222k does a lovely stitch though.I have taken 'photos and when I figure out how to post them I will !I just had to buy new feet for the 221, they often perish but are still readily available.I plan to send getting to know these two ladies, Daisy and Dolly,would you believe, over the next few days. Lovely to have somewhere we can enthuse over these old gals. Letty

  9. #41129
    Super Member jlhmnj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Millville, NJ
    Posts
    1,262
    Just heard from Alan at the Needlebar. The Needlebar will be closed indefinitely due to personal reasons not related to health or other tragedy.

    Jon


    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    Does Anyone know what happened to Needlebar.org?

    I am trying to help identify an old New/home/ideal/etc machine. Flat plate top tension, long bobbin VS, winder is high up on the pillar and the stitch length adjuster is not on the bed but is up on the pillar as a vertical slide. Rococo decals.

    Name:  unknown machine.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  38.3 KB

  10. #41130
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    9
    She sounds horrible, you have helped her a lot and I also think that you should send her your bill for $100

    Valerie

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.