Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4243 of 4384 FirstFirst ... 3243 3743 4143 4193 4233 4242 4243 4244 4253 4293 4343 ... LastLast
Results 42,421 to 42,430 of 43832

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Cathy, good to "hear" your cheery voice again. Thought that since it is summer you were on vacation. Surgery is not a vacation but costs about the same as a really great one. Glad you are back with us; you were missed.

Donna

Thanks, Miriam and Skip and Donna.
    I'm definitely on the mend. Its been a long ride, but I now can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Hi Cathy, Glad you are on the mend. Welcome back
    Skip
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Donna,

I see you are near my old stomping grounds. I grew up in Orlando (way back when dirt was new).

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by blueheavenfla View Post
    Cathy, good to "hear" your cheery voice again. Thought that since it is summer you were on vacation. Surgery is not a vacation but costs about the same as a really great one. Glad you are back with us; you were missed.

Donna
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

I have a 227m that has the 15 mechanism and the hinged bobbin holder. It was rusted up when i got it but i convinced it to sew. I have to borrow a slide plate from a 237 but it works.

Blog Entries
    I have lived here 44 years so who knows, we may have run into each other. If you ever get back this way give me a shout ahead of time and perhaps we can meet (or you stay here if you are so inclined and the guest room isn't already spoken for).
    Donna

Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    Donna,

I see you are near my old stomping grounds. I grew up in Orlando (way back when dirt was new).

Cathy

Blog Entries
    It is SO nice to have this thread back! My computer would not load it for over six months. No amount of tech support or restarting, reloading, or dumping would allow me to view the page. Reading these posts is like seeing an old friend again. Huge happy sigh and tons to share soon!
    Annette

There is no fireside like your own fireside.

It's good to have you back, redbugsullivan.
    --- Jean

I'd rather spend money on my quilting hobby than the therapist.... I'm probably $$$ ahead.... and I'm happy!!

Donna,

What a sweet offer. I don't have any plans on being there in the near future, but plans change.
    I do have relatives in the Orlando/ Winter Park/ Lake Butler area. I really want to get back there.
    My last visit was in 1992. Hard to believe that so much time has passed. LOL

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by blueheavenfla View Post
    I have lived here 44 years so who knows, we may have run into each other. If you ever get back this way give me a shout ahead of time and perhaps we can meet (or you stay here if you are so inclined and the guest room isn't already spoken for).
    Donna
    Cathy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
    I have a 227m that has the 15 mechanism and the hinged bobbin holder. It was rusted up when i got it but i convinced it to sew. I have to borrow a slide plate from a 237 but it works.
    This is interesting. Glad you got it sewing again.
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    I just came back on the forum. Life has been in the way. This Singer being discussed was made in Germany in the early 1954-55. It should be a model 215. It's stitch forming mechanism (bobbin and hook) are of the class 15 design, even though the tension is not on the side like most class 15s of that era. I would call it a 15. This model was not sold in the USA.

Cathy
    Great information Cathy, thank you! I knew we could count on you for the correct model!

Also, Kathy S. has kept some of us up-to-date on your recovery! I am so glad you are feeling better and on the mend. My Dad had the same problem, but when he was diagnosed some 40 years ago they didn't know what to do about it so he lived with it and ended up with cancer.

Nancy