Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 01-31-2014, 12:45 PM

Missgigglewings, I understand sentimental and if you want it get it but I think the money and the sewing machine for the treadle is a little steep. The trade should be money or machine not both. I don't place a value on machines because to many factors can affect cost (location and such). It is unusual to trade in a machine and money this person must be in sewing machine business or a shop. Singer treadles are very common and be obtained easy enough. Do what your heart tells you. I don't even know what models the machines are.
Skip
Old 01-31-2014, 01:24 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Missgigglewings, I understand sentimental and if you want it get it but I think the money and the sewing machine for the treadle is a little steep. The trade should be money or machine not both. I don't place a value on machines because to many factors can affect cost (location and such). It is unusual to trade in a machine and money this person must be in sewing machine business or a shop. Singer treadles are very common and be obtained easy enough. Do what your heart tells you. I don't even know what models the machines are.
Skip
Ditto here
Old 01-31-2014, 01:39 PM

Ok..Thanks Glenn and Miriam! You have answered my question and I appreciate it. I will contact the lady and negotiate or cancel the deal. And just FYI: She and her husband do have a shop and they buy and sell old machines. I didn't even know to ask the model. Guess I will now! Thanks again!
Old 01-31-2014, 02:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by missgigglewings View Post
.... Which would you choose and please tell me why...thank you all so much for being here!
my .02. I would not TOUCH the 70-80's repro. NOT the same as the older ones they look like...
Old 01-31-2014, 02:20 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
my .02. I would not TOUCH the 70-80's repro. NOT the same as the older ones they look like...
that time period is suspect, really.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:26 PM

Found this on CL, beautiful machine but price too high I think.

http://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/atq/4293928228.html
Old 01-31-2014, 08:22 PM

Very pretty Lotus handcrank, missing bobbin coverplate, and lovely library cabinet based on the poor pics. I agree- Way too highly priced, but thanks for the pics.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:22 AM

I wish that I had the money to get that machine. I don’t think that there are many of those. I’d say it’s probably worth the $950 asking price, if my assumptions from the photos are correct:

- It’s a nice example of a Singer Convertible unit. Two power supplies (hand or foot operation) and two applications (cabinet or portable).
- Oversized mounting plate allows the machine to be stowed with Hand Attachment in place.
- Machine can be removed from cabinet without tools to then be taken to a remote sewing location.
- Brown Lotus Decals?
- Last year (1922) for the back-clamping foot.
- Excellent condition of both machine and cabinet.

CD in Oklahoma
Old 02-01-2014, 04:57 AM

Miriam so glad to see you again, glad you are back and enjoyed your vacation.

We are having a heat wave here in pa, going to get into the forties today. Imagine that.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:37 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Miriam so glad to see you again, glad you are back and enjoyed your vacation.

We are having a heat wave here in pa, going to get into the forties today. Imagine that.
Here, too. We can finish unloading the truck once a couple inches of ice melts off the driveway.