Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 134 of 186 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 133 134 135 144 184 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1857

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos

Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    I am starting work on a Free Westinghouse that was in a cabinet. It has the strangest knee controller I have seen. Before yesterday, I had not even seen a picture of this one.
    ~G~

Attachment 430559
    What a contraption! A lady would not want to get her garter belt hooked up in that!
    Kenmore 158 19131, Elna Transforma, Singer 99-23, Red Eye Treadle 66-1, 301, Free Number 5

Quote Originally Posted by Windblown View Post
    What a contraption! A lady would not want to get her garter belt hooked up in that!
    I hope I didn't offend anyone by saying that. I just had a sudden vision of being electrocuted by sewing machine.
    Kenmore 158 19131, Elna Transforma, Singer 99-23, Red Eye Treadle 66-1, 301, Free Number 5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Windblown View Post
    I hope I didn't offend anyone by saying that. I just had a sudden vision of being electrocuted by sewing machine.
    And the rest of us had a good laugh - giggle giggle giggle...
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fizeos View Post
    By the way, the machine in working condition.
    In the condition it's in? It's not worth much... My kids bought me a Pfaff treadle, 1910, in great condition with decals, treadle, etc. intact, for $150.00 last Christmas.
    That the machine moves freely is a plus, and makes it a candidate for refurbishing, altho it would cost more to refurb than it would be worth on the resale market. Guess it all depends on what you want to do with it. I'm not sure what model it is...one of the "letter" models. (Model H, Model K, Model L for examples)
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Getting back to posting pictures of my collection - here are the two 15's. Still have not located an older 15 treadle.

Here is the 15-90. So far, this is my favorite 15. 1945 vintage

And the 15-91, 1952 vintage

Cabinet needs some TLC - someone left an iron sitting on it for a bit too long. Not sure if I'll try to fix that or not- it's kind of neat . . .

Singer 101, 1922 vintage. The stitch length is the nob on the bed of the machine. Notice the pull chain for the light.

The underside - quite different than other Singers of this era

The controller is built into the machine, and the knee bar mounted in the cabinet pushes a rod into the machine to activate it.

And the potted motor on the back

This machine was considered high end and came with an extended set of attachments. I've acquired a hemstitcher with the appropriate plate also.

It came with the darning foot and feed cover. I don't think this would work for quilting though.

And the cabinet specifically designed to house this machine.

Singer 201 1948 vintage

This one has Pride of Place in my Queen Anne cabinet.

I love the drawers and compartments inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
    Singer 201 1948 vintage
    I love the drawers and compartments inside.

So do I. The cat seems quite fond of them too. Nice machines! I have a question about the 101. Does it spill oil out of the central oil pan when you tilt it into the machine?
    ~G~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    So do I. The cat seems quite fond of them too. Nice machines! I have a question about the 101. Does it spill oil out of the central oil pan when you tilt it into the machine?
    ~G~
    I've wondered about that oil and tilting, too. I recently acquired one with a bottom like that. Mine is pretty dried up.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

While DH oiled everything up well for testing, he did not put any oil in the reservoir. I see no evidence of any dripping on the dust cover for the cabinet, so it does not look like it ever dripped. Though that may only mean no one else ever added oil to the reservoir either.

This is DH's least favorite of my Singers - based on working on them, not using them.

Page 134 of 186 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 133 134 135 144 184 ... LastLast