Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 174 of 183 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 173 174 175 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1826

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos

very nice! the cabinet looks fantastic under that crud!

Quote Originally Posted by Cathieinut View Post
    I honestly thought I could resist another treadle...afterall it has some thing major with the cabinet that will need to be dealt with one day...
    So here it is in all it's glory! I think I will have to name her Bonnie as that is one of the auctioneers that encouraged me to keep bidding LOL

I think you might be able to tell what the cabinet problem is...why did someone "antique" this vintage and now antique, or close to being antique, cabinet green? I am a lover of green but not over a lovely oak cabinet.
    They used to paint everything. My parents had a lot of nice wood furniture that had the most unappealing paint applied to them.
    Mark

I remember the green "antiquing"paint they used in the 1970s. UGH!!! The White rotary is one of my favorite treadles.

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Just brought home my 3rd Singer 301A. However, this one is a beautiful black machine. The case came with it; no icky smells; only a little wear and tear show on it. A bonus of some great attachments. The machine is clean and runs really well. Am I blessed or what?
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

you are blessed. nice machine. best part is no smell in the case. enjoy
    😊 wilburness 😊

Your 301 is very pretty and the case is just like mine minus the mysterious red stain that I have on my case
    Cathie in Ut
    Who tends to be like a bird who is distracted by sparkly and shiny things!

My SMALLEST and rarest bit yet...

This is a Willcox & Gibbs Gatherer attachment. This fits on the end of hte standard foot to make it a gatherer. My 1870's W&G has it's original manual and a complete attachment set MINUS this (until now)
    Name:  2014-06-04 18.09.45.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  46.4 KB

and for scale reference...
    Name:  2014-06-04 18.10.15.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  44.1 KB

Steve, Can you show a picture of it attached to the foot? Without trying to make a joke, is it like a boot for the foot, where this goes on the front leading edge?
    ~G~

yes it is, I will do that tonight.

Here is the illustrated view though.
    Name:  W&G Gatherer part.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  46.2 KB

Hello everyone,

I'm new around here, and stumbled upon this board/thread through various other websites, while trying to do some research on a machine I just bought off ebay. It caught my eye instantly, and the fact that it was made in Japan and all metal encouraged me to buy it. However, when it arrived, the stitch length dial was not working and I'll need to have it serviced. Being the DIY girl that I am, I wanted to see if I could figure out the problem myself, but I can't for the life of me find a manual for this machine. That's when I found out about "badged" machines from Japan. I was wondering if anyone could help me ID this machine to see what it was modeled after. It's an Emdeko Mark IV...

Name:  emdeko.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  230.4 KB

Handsome retro guy, n'est ce pas?
    Last edited by GroovyEyeDesigns; 06-05-2014 at 10:19 PM.

Page 174 of 183 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 173 174 175 ... LastLast