Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 41 of 195 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 51 91 141 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos

Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
    My favorite treadle is my 1936 Singer 201k-4(original hand crank). There's also my 1968 Singer 237 zig zag and 99K hand crank. Also my 1916 Singer 66-1 red eye.
    Sharon W.
    So Sharon, you like to use the hand crank machines? I've never tried it should be interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Really nice Holly! And SUPER price! Can't wait to see her when you get her cleaned up!
    Thanks Charlee, I'm still researching her, I think she will clean up nicely! I'll send pics.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollyann View Post
    So Sharon, you like to use the hand crank machines? I've never tried it should be interesting...
    I'm not Sharon, but will tell you that I LOVE using my handcrank! There's just something about it...
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    I'm not Sharon, but will tell you that I LOVE using my handcrank! There's just something about it...
    Seems like it would be hard to do, but I guess it will be a good work out... LOL

Blog Entries
    ~grin~ It's not hard at all, and the only thing that gets to be a real workout would be winding the bobbin!! LOL
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Being a long bobbin I guess it would be! LOL I hear they run out fast, maybe it's good it's a hand crank the bobbin will not run out so fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Hollyann View Post
    Hi Hollyann,
    I much prefer a treadle machine, a smooth running hand crank is nice; however winding a bobbin is too much work IMHO. I have had my right rotator cuff and shoulder repaired, so winding the bobbin with a hand crank isn't happening. I only use round bobbin machines unless they are treadle operated.
    When I do use a hand crank machine I have a seam guide on the machine so that I have a guide when I'm sewing. In my picture you see my Singer 99K with a seam guide.
    When I'm teaching small children to sew, the hand crank is great; there is no motor to be frightened of and they are in complete control of the machine.
    Sharon W.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by purplefiend; 02-04-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Blog Entries
    I like a finger guard on a hand crank to prevent accidental vaccinations. http://shop.sew-classic.com/Finger-N...nes-SCF020.htm seems out of stock though
    Last edited by miriam; 02-04-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Blog Entries
    Just wanted to post pictures of my Singer 15-91 that I received Monday. It was $50.00 on ebay. The tension is off but I can fix that. I downloaded the manual and printed it. So when I get finished with my current project I will get "Ethel" running smooth.

Name:  2012-01-28 Sewing Room and Machines 009.jpg
Views: 1177
Size:  676.5 KB

Name:  2012-01-28 Sewing Room and Machines 010.jpg
Views: 1056
Size:  753.8 KB

I looked through the pictures and don't see a picture of my 1949 Singer 15-90 treadle; she's had a motorectomy. So here's her picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 41 of 195 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 51 91 141 ... LastLast