Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
This Is What A Cabinet Should Look Like. >

This Is What A Cabinet Should Look Like.

This Is What A Cabinet Should Look Like.

Old 12-15-2013, 12:09 AM

Default This Is What A Cabinet Should Look Like.

i've been admiring this machine/cabinet for the longest time. the cabinet is in such beautiful stage. i wanted to buy it but it's about 3.5 hours from me. Price is $30. i wish all the cabinets they are selling with the machine are like this. anyone in redding area willing to get this for me ? (LOL). just a thought. and the addiction kicks in.

i wonder if this is photoshopped as the picture looks so nice, so clean and seems taken in a studio. or probably a media kit.hmmm.
Attached Thumbnails screen-shot-2013-12-15-12.04.12-am.png   screen-shot-2013-12-15-12.04.22-am.png   screen-shot-2013-12-15-12.04.29-am.png   screen-shot-2013-12-15-12.04.35-am.png  

Last edited by vmaniqui; 12-15-2013 at 12:16 AM.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:47 AM

I hope it is as lovely inside, and not just a pretty face! But- I'm sure you'd be able to give it a spa treatment. Wish we had a thread for local elves to help with pickup and holding or transporting.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:35 AM

And it's a 15-91. Oh my, what a lovely machine and cabinet. You really should go get it. If I weren't on the other side of the country.... I'd be trying to get it.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:40 AM

And there is no reason why the cabinet you were working on couldn't look as pretty when finished.

Don't be suprised if it's not near as nice in person, a lot of little scratches and stuff don't show up well in photos. But I've also had them turn out nicer than in the photos too - it's a very nice machine too.

It's so nice to see one that didn't get used as a plant stand! So, so many have water rings on the top from planters.

I doubt it's photoshoped, or they would have removed all the dings in the front lid. Must have closed it on the cord, or else the machine doesn't fit down as well as it should. This can happen if they put the 15-91 is a cabinet that was not made for them. Though this is a newer style, so I would expect it should. BTW - everything is fine until you go to put the machine away - that's when you'll see that it won't close up quite right.

You can also tell because they've had to tuck the cords under the lift - probably rewired it to take a double sided plug and then wanted the foot control under the machine. Or this cabinet and machine didn't come together.

oppps - looked again, pedal is hard wired. The problem with these - if you wire them correctly, you have to unwire them to get them out of the cabinet - which is a drag unless the wires are bad and you just cut them. I like the updated lift with the slide in opening for the cords - but many of them just have a solid hole to run the wires through.

Last edited by Macybaby; 12-15-2013 at 04:52 AM.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:28 AM

Looks like it's wired like my 66 with the knee controller. They just ran the cord thru the lift opening to clean up the pictures some. It's a great looking machine and cabinet. I doubt they spent much time photo shopping the pictures. It wouldn't be worth the time at $30.
Rodney
Old 12-15-2013, 06:55 AM

vmaniqui,

If that machine was 3.5 hours from me I'd already have it home and posting a brag thread. No joke.

Elaine and I have made many 4+ hour trips to Indy to pick up machines there. Sometimes we visit with Miriam and Phil and sometimes we just stop at shops and or have lunch and come back. But we do it cos we like road trips and our area is nearly devoid of nice machines like that. And that one IS nice.

The gouges in the top are from folding the lid up and resting it on the edge of face plate as well as other things.
Almost every cabinet I have, no matter how nice, has gouges there.

Go forth and acquire that nice machine.

Joe
Old 12-15-2013, 07:18 AM

I believe that’s a Singer Model 71 cabinet, from the late 1940s. I gave one away (not in as good shape) that came to me with a 1948 Singer 201-2 in it.

CD in Oklahoma
Old 12-15-2013, 07:50 AM

I wouldn't drive 3.5 hours to get it, but that is a heck of a deal. I might, however, drive 2 hours one way if it had the matching stool.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:22 AM
Power Poster

It sure is pretty!!!!
Old 12-15-2013, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
vmaniqui,

If that machine was 3.5 hours from me I'd already have it home and posting a brag thread. No joke.

Elaine and I have made many 4+ hour trips to Indy to pick up machines there. Sometimes we visit with Miriam and Phil and sometimes we just stop at shops and or have lunch and come back. But we do it cos we like road trips and our area is nearly devoid of nice machines like that. And that one IS nice.

The gouges in the top are from folding the lid up and resting it on the edge of face plate as well as other things.
Almost every cabinet I have, no matter how nice, has gouges there.

Go forth and acquire that nice machine.

Joe
i know. i am at the edge too. am ready to grab my key and run but still debating. 7 hours round trip. maybe i am not hard core yet (but getting there). there is a member here who happens to be about 30 miles away from that area and i tried pm'ng just to check if she can do me a favor. just asking - no biggie. point is once she gets the machine, will i be willing to drive there to pick it up? hmmmm. you guys are bad. i am trying to control my thirst and yet you're quenching it (ha ha ha). i will think about it and if i see that it's still there after today, then it's for me. sounds good. darn, i really love to get that one but....