Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What type of machine is this?

What type of machine is this?

Does anyone know what type this is; is it a Kenmore, or a knock-off of something? I am wondering if it is worth the effort...? Its ad says it does not work, but of course who knows what that means... Opinions?

Spanaway, Washington
    If it is really cheap, buy it. I see from the badge that it is a made in Japan Deluxe machine. I bet it just needs cleaning and oiling to get it working. I am good at enabling, LOL
    Sweet Caroline

Kansas City, MO
    Yep, just one of the many Japanese De Luxe zig zag machines. They are usually pretty stout machines.

I guess it would depend on what exactly doesn't work as to whether it is worth bothering with. Could just need a belt.

Jersey Shore
    They are noisy but sew fairly well...no more than 15-20 tops!!!

Central Alberta, Canada
    If memory serves, you may find -something- about it looking up a Kenmore C877.60
    It's not exactly the same, but very similar. I've had 2 here to clean up, one for a customer, one was donated. The donated one wasn't working because the brushes were worn down to the springs. Well loved.
    Tammi - I've found that many baby steps tend to get you further than a huge leap in followed by a huge leap out - http://www.archaicarcane.com
    Singer 411G, 301A, (2) 221, 222k, 15-90 Centennial, 15-90 RAF decal, Spartan, 27, VS2, 28 hc, 128 knee bar, 201-2, 201K HC, 31-15, Pfaff 130-6, Frister and Rossman TS, Gritzner Fiddlebase TS, Spierpon Queen (Jones) VS. Non-Vintage - Pfaff 6122, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81595 serger, Janome MC350E, 2013 APQS Lucey