Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What type of machine is this?

What type of machine is this?

Hi,
    Does anyone know what type this is; is it a Kenmore, or a knock-off of something? I am wondering if it is worth the effort...? Its ad says it does not work, but of course who knows what that means... Opinions?

If it is really cheap, buy it. I see from the badge that it is a made in Japan Deluxe machine. I bet it just needs cleaning and oiling to get it working. I am good at enabling, LOL
    Sweet Caroline

Yep, just one of the many Japanese De Luxe zig zag machines. They are usually pretty stout machines.

I guess it would depend on what exactly doesn't work as to whether it is worth bothering with. Could just need a belt.
    Mark

They are noisy but sew fairly well...no more than 15-20 tops!!!

If memory serves, you may find -something- about it looking up a Kenmore C877.60
    It's not exactly the same, but very similar. I've had 2 here to clean up, one for a customer, one was donated. The donated one wasn't working because the brushes were worn down to the springs. Well loved.
    Tammi - I've found that many baby steps tend to get you further than a huge leap in followed by a huge leap out - http://www.archaicarcane.com
    Singer 411G, 301A, 2x 221 (featherweight), 222k - the holy grail, 99-, 15-90 Centennial, 27, VS2, 28 hc, 128 knee bar, 201-2, 31-15, Pfaff 130-6. Non-Vintage - Pfaff 6122, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81595 serger, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81155, 2013 APQS Lucey