Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: White Rotary Treadle is mine

White Rotary Treadle is mine

White rotary treadle did not sell at estate sale and as people running sale are friends and knew I wanted the machine, when it didn't sell Gary called me and offered it at half price. He is delevering it and as far as they know (not sewers) it all works. Guess I will find out in a while. Can't wait to get it and see what is what. Looks in great condition. Then will try and find out when it was made.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 

that is a beauty.. love the cabinet. let us know how it goes..
    ​debra

Congrats!!! Beautiful machine!!!!

Absolutely gorgeous! I almost bought one about 25 years ago, and when I went back for it, it was gone. Was telling my grandmother about it feeling sorry for myself, and she said, "Why would you buy one when I have 2 of them." She had a Singer and a Damascus. I took the 1925 Damascus because it had the instruction book. It belonged to my Great Aunt May. The Singer belonged to my Great Grandmother. It belongs to my Aunt, no one in her family sews so I hope they don't just give it away.

Wow, lucky you!!! That looks amazing and I love the cabinet!!

Quiltingcandy, if my Aunt had it and no one sewed I would ask if you could have it or buy it cheap so it stays in the family. I have my Grandmothers big singer in wood case she bought when I was about 5. She had to borrow $5.00 from me day it arrived in the big victorian we all lived it. My other grandmother had a treadle (don't know what) and I think my Aunt had it and don't know where it is. Will have to e-mail my oldest cousin and see if she knows. But I have always wanted one and most look in such bad shape, not much temptation, but this looks good. Haven't seen anything but picture but trust Gary and Caroline and they do estate sales for a living. Glad golf cart broke and I couldn't get it on Fri, saved a lot of money this way. I had told them if it didn't sell, call and Gary, also my horse shoer called. Been friends for a lot of years. I was so depressed all weekend and now I am so happy, all over a sewing machine. Glad Jerry has some knowlege about finxing the old one, did it when he was young at his grandfathers case factory.

Blog Entries
    That looks just like mine! Mine is a 1910 and sews like a champ.

Mary

I have one just like it. Hope you like yours as much as I do mine.

Went and checked and Helen is a 201-3 Singer in great shape.Name:  PC030394.JPG
Views: 301
Size:  117.6 KB