Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need some advice/help ... Please!! >

Need some advice/help ... Please!!

Need some advice/help ... Please!!

Old 05-16-2024, 11:03 PM

Default Need some advice/help ... Please!!

My sister asked me to make her husband a quilt with his grandfather's collection of purple crown royal bags.
the issue I am having is that the gold sticking on the bags are all different shades. Some more yellow and some more golden color so I'm looking for advice on what fabric I should go with that works well. Any advice or suggestions is greatly appreciated as I am quite new to the whole quilting thing. Thanks so much.
Old 05-17-2024, 12:36 AM

Have you done a search on other projects to see ideas or finished projects? There are many Crown Royal quilts out there, a simple search should bring up lots.
Old 05-17-2024, 04:03 AM

There are some threads on QuiltingBoard about making crown royal quilts. However, I can never find anything using the search thingy on QB.

However, there are several tutorials on Youtube for making a quilt with Crown Royal Bags.

Generally speaking, you can't change what you are given to work with. Use the different colors to give some variety to the quilt. Space them out in a regular order so they give you some kind of pattern by color. Say, a row of yellow, or a X pattern of some sort, or alternate the yellow with the gold. Make it look planned.

bkay

Last edited by bkay; 05-17-2024 at 04:08 AM.
Old 05-17-2024, 06:16 AM
Power Poster

If you go to the QB search bar, type in Crown Royal quilt, a couple examples should come up to click on.
Old 05-17-2024, 07:51 AM

Here is one i did a few years back. The bags were made of cheap flannel and not all the same size. The thread they used to serge them together is polyester and will melt….watch the iron, I used the Chandelier pattern and fussy cut them as bags are different sizes. Get extra bags as you will need them as the Crown Royal emblem is rather randomly placed and some if the flannel is very poor quality. I used a gold-ish blender cotton fabric to set it together with.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0165.jpeg
Views:	83
Size:	206.5 KB
ID:	648585   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0164.jpeg
Views:	87
Size:	362.7 KB
ID:	648586