View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 07:02 AM
grammypatty7

Originally Posted by mona z
don't know that i would have the courage to participate in one yet...need more experience or confidence. but it does sound like fun. read the jennifer chiaverini quilting books and loved the stories about the relaionships formed thru quilting.
I totally understand where you're coming from. The lady who put the teal border on my quilt probably feels the same way you did but she participated and how has a wonderful treasure to quilt and treasure. Hopefully the time will come when you have the opportunity to participate. When we were planning this second exchange, so many in my chapter were afraid to try but they are wonderful quilters. I finally got so frustrated with all of their excuses for not participating because I said "guess I'm too dumb to have fear as I look on it as an adventure and I had a ball participating in my first and now my second round robin and eagerly look forward to doing another one and hopefully we will. If the chapter doesn't, I may see if I can set one up with 4 other ladies and we'll have fun.

My philosophy is nothing ventured, nothing gained. If you can piece a quilt and/or know how to sew seams, you can participate in a round robin. Will you get frustrated - probably as I did with one of the quilts in this exhange. Your goal is to add a nice border to whatever quilt you get and you can do that - when you're ready. Keep it in the back of your mind and hopefully one day you'll have the oppportunity.