View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 10:26 PM
omak

Originally Posted by earthwalker
Good haul....I managed to resist the temptation of a sewing machine on Thursday....Friday stayed away from town 'til I knew they would be closed...Hoping it's not there on Monday or I'm done for!
oooh! Cool! Tell us about the sewing machine!
I was talking to one of the local machine sales reps one day. He had just cleaned and fixed about six of my machines over a three month period and said: Some of these are going to die soon. Have you ever thought about a new machine?
no ... and, silly me! I told him - - why would I think about a new machine when I can go eight blocks east of here and find a good machine for $35?
well, yeah, but you don't know what kind of shape they are in ...
true, but then I will just bring it to you and you will fix it for me ... and, we will have both benefitted for a lot less cost to me <g>.

I can't go to thrift stores for the same reason - - I will always see something to buy ... of course, to avoid going to thrift stores, I go to the fabric store when I want fabric ... something is not quite right with my reasoning, I think <g> .... maybe, if I want fabric, I should just take my chances in the thrift store ... LOL .... am pondering the alternatives <wave>