Old 05-01-2010, 02:12 PM
MamaHen

Originally Posted by daisey
All is good,
I didnt have the thread down tight eneough in the tension wheel so it had popped out once I discovered that it was all great! Also only problem I have had was with cheap thin batting which I will refuse to accept anymore from customers. It wasnt tight enough of a weave and skipped stitches...when I use good batting and almost any thread the tension is good. The other thing I invested in was a towa bobbin tension guide. It helps alot and havent had any issues since. Good Luck!
I also have the Avante, and have had same problems. My problems were corrected exactly the same. Not tight enough in the tension wheel, and a missed guide on the top of the machine, quilt rolled too tight. Things us new longarm quilters learn soon enough. I also bought a towa bobbin tension guide. How can anyone with a longarm live with out it! It is such a life saver.
I just love my machine, so easy to use. Like that it has two different stitch regulations. The more I use it the more I like the cruise. I want to get the micro handles in the near future for more refined work. Would recommend machine to anyone interested in a very good quality machine at a very reasonable price.