View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 08:24 PM
weezie

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
What is going on? This is the second post I read this morning about rude quilters!! I really didn't realize there was such a thing! Even my hubby mentioned always meeting happy friendly quilters, and now this?? Is it another "sign of the time we live in now?"
No, it's not a sign of the times ... a certain portion of the population has always been mean and/or rude. I started school in 1949 ... it was basically my first encounter with people other than friends and family. Since that first day of school, I've never known a time or place (and I've lived a lot of places) where there are NOT mean, petty people who apparently have a need to feel superior.

There is also a percentage of people who are a genuine class act. They are good, kind, generous, loyal, and help make life worthwhile.

The rest of the population (and the largest percentage) are middle-of-the road ... like me. I'm not rude, petty or mean, but I will never be as fine a person as I'd like to be ... not in this lifetime.

I've just read all 9 pages of the "Feeling left out" responses, so am a little confused by the comments about all quilters being nice. Obviously, NOT all quilters are nice!