View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 10:39 AM
sahm4605

My old reliable singer sewing machine broke and was thinking about getting a new one. It is out at a shop right now sitting in line to be looked at to get fixed. If it can be fixed. I was thinking about getting a new one and wanted to hear some opinions on what to get. I am a beginner to quilting and have no place in my home to stash my machine and quilt supplies other than a hall closet. ( I am a Closet Quilter) hehehe. :mrgreen: The lady at the shop suggested a janome machine and i tried it and it seemed to work much better than my singer ever did. I was just wanting to get some suggestions on what was a good sewing machine to get for a beginner. I have two small children under 3 years old so I have to be careful of price and ease of use and being able to put it away all the time. I want to stay under 250 for a new machine and don't need all the fancy bells and whistles just yet. I just need one that does a bunch of different simple stitches, and can take heavy duty fabric. I also do strange projects for my mom and church. like sewing with leather and vynel. getting ready to make some bean bag chairs for my mom out of corduroy for a nursery at church. HELP PLEASE!!!!