View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Quilter7x

Originally Posted by karielt
Hey I'm going on one at the end of this month. I'm incharge of games. Can you tell me what games you played I'm looking for ideas.
Karie, we have also played Quilt-O. It's a real game for quilters. We use M&M's as our markers (I always run out of them :lol: )

Another game we play is called the left/right game. Everyone brings an unwrapped fat quarter and stands in a circle with their fat quarter. Someone reads a story of the Wright family. Every time the word "left" is said, you pass your FQ to the person on your left. Every time the word "right/Wright" is said, you pass your FQ to the person on your right. At the end of the story, everyone gets to keep the FQ they have in their hand. Fun game! If anyone wants the actual story, PM me. I don't want to spoil anyone's fun by posting the entire story here.

We play another game with mini clothespins. Everyone puts one clothespin on their collar/shirt (somewhere visible). We choose a word that if that word is said and someone catches you, they get to take your clothespin. We play this game at our Christmas gathering and often choose the word "snow" as the word you're not supposed to say. I have a blast with it because I try to say the word almost immediately and then lose my clothespin. Then I can say the word all night long and people think they can get my clothespin, but by this point, I don't have one! Of course I can take someone elses if I catch them saying the word. When you deem the game to be over (we choose a specific time to end it before it starts, say an hour or so), whoever has the most amount of clothespins gets a prize.

I absolutely love going on quilting retreats and go on as many as I can afford. They are so much fun!