View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 10:02 AM
sahm4605

I would talk to the parents and make sure he isn't alergic to any fabrics or material. And also the colors he likes the best and the ones he doesn't like. You might want to even make a double of the quilt for him so that if it becomes a security blanky his mom has one for him to hold and one to wash as they get dirty. I can't tell you how much I wish that I had a second quilt look a like for both of my kids. It would make putting them to bed much easier. Especially when the laundry is taking a long time to dry. The crazy Quilt idea is a good one. Simple squares of different color fabric and size a quick and easy way to go. Good luck to you and let me know how it comes out. I have two autistic boys at my church and we are moving the nursery to a larger classroom so that they boys can remain in the nursery longer and we are going to decorate it for autistic needs. I was thinking about doing a quilt like what you are doing for the room. But being a newbie I am scared to death of taking on that large a project. Good Luck and God Bless.