Thread: Brainstorming
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 11:32 AM
MegsAnn

Hey guys. Would you help me brainstorm? I signed up for a round robin a few days ago and yesterday my Dad called to chat. He said he's been doing some soul-searching and requested I make him something that says or shows "Calm Energy."

So that's what I'll do for the center of his quilt for the round-robin. I'm still brainstorming about how to show calm energy.

When I interviewed him today about it, he said red isn't calm, but grey is stagnant. He said he likes royal purple, if it isn't done so it looks too girly. There's a picture that reminds him of calm energy which is of a bird singing on a rock during a storm... but he doesn't want me to do that because it reminds him of mom (who passed on 12 years ago) and that makes him sad.

He wants calm energy for himself because he feels either calm or engergized most of the time... not both. He can be really productive and run himself into the ground or he can be calm and get very little done.

He's overweight and used to be a cross-country runner so I thought of doing something with that, but I don't want him to feel badly about where he's at and who he is right now.

I'm sure I'll come up with something great, but if you have any ideas I'd love to hear them. It's nice to be able to talk about it with quilters.

Oh and I can piece, applique, etc. So the design doesn't have to be something easy. If need be, I'll learn a new technique. After all, this is for my Dad.