Thread: Isn't this odd?
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 01:55 PM
Janeen
Banned

I got some stuff at Hancock's today - 50% off and believe it or not, the selvage says "exclusively for Joann's"....
are they affiliated now? have been for awhile? I don't know but thought that odd....

Hancock's - at least here - and when I say here it's about 85 miles from here :shock: - has lots of 'name brand' fabric on the $3 and $4 rack that had been $7 and up originally...
it's still just as beautiful and FEELS GOOD too....

this today was $1.80 a yard when all was said and done - and the stuff that 'feels' the same in Joanns today is over $5 a yard

I'd say my 'stash' is just where it needs to be now that gas has gone ridiculous, we are retired and on fixed income and cannot spend that much on gas to run to fabric store and pay $8 a yard for what was $4 and jacked up now because of transportation costs etc...

Now the stuff that has come into walmart the last several months is NOT what they were getting even a year ago... it has a LOT more sizing in it than it did and feels much 'cheaper' than before (I'm talking about the $2 a yard quilter's fabrics)...

I have lots of WM fabric in my stash and I can tell the difference in THEIR material in the last year or so....