View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 05:56 AM
Carol's Quilts

I've seen these herb packs in a TV ad. Although I don't have any need for them, they are probably available in our local grocery stores.

Liquid Smoke is also available in all our local stores. It's where the BBQ Sauces, steak sauces, Worchestershire sauces, etc. are found, usually on the very top shelf.

If you can't find a specific McCormick seasoning, go to their website or phone their customer service number which should be on any McCormick label Lots of times you can order directly from them or online.

Did you know that you can chop and freeze fresh herbs? I buy them in those little clear plastic packs (about 3" x 6" or so) from the produce section. I chop them, put them in little glass jars, label them and freeze. When I need them, I just spoon out the amount needed and return the rest to the freezer. They are wonderful for cooking but since freezing will make them kind of limp, you can't use them for garnish (like a sprig of parsley or mint). This way you get fresh herbs whenever you want - and they last forever!