Thread: Looking For
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 10:58 AM
Quilting Aggi

Originally Posted by barbsbus
UMMMMM Might have to think about this. Thanks for the info. I usually sell most of the things I make for 3 X's the cost of the indegrediants and kind of adjust price with time and difficulty and if I like to make it. It usually ends up that I pay myself less than $1.00/ hr. but try to remember that making whatever has saved my from going to a head shrink. LOL. Then if I make a bunch of somethings and they don't sell within two years I end up donating them to worth causes.
You are NOT alone in that.. I tried many many things and also paying myself like a $1 a product.. but I'm doing a bit better now. It takes a while before you cut a profit, but keep at it!! it WILL happen!!!!!!! I WILL find that niche that will bring in more $$$ !!! its a good thing my friends and family like my work, cause I have backups as gifts if things don't sell :) I have started a list of people and places to advertise through with minimal minimal expense... need that expense for possible more "ingredients" to make more!!! :)