View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 06:41 PM
Debra Mc

Originally Posted by omak
Originally Posted by Debra Mc
What is INNOVA? Have heard of it I think. Isn't that Brother. The Bailey is just the machine & it will fit on your frame right. I will be glad to just have the frame. Eddie posted another thread & he got a Gammill without stitch regulator. Said he didn't need it. What are your thoughts?
http://www.abminternational.com/index.php

a company based in Texas <g>

The only reason I actually use a regulator that came with the frame is to keep the needle going up and down ... the alternative is to use the foot pedal or hold a button down the whole time.
I am not sure that my regulator works correctly, since if I stop, the needle continues going up and down, anyway.
When I first started using the system, I set the regulator on five, a medium speed ... then, I started trying to stitch a regular stitch - - I got either really tiny stitches or big loops ...
someone on the Board suggested slowing down my movements (well, <g> they weren't talking to me, but I was reading advice to others) ... and, I noticed that with a five, I lost the loops, but those pesky little stitches were back ... so, the only solution was to slow the regulator down, and finally, I am where I wouldn't bother with the regulator if I could figure out how to keep the needle moving.
At this point, I would have to say that I am probably not using it correctly, but I have listened to quite a few proficient quilters and they don't use the regulator, and others who wouldn't quilt without it ...
Does that help? <wave>
I looked them up. There is a sales rep about 35 miles from me. There is only one dealer in Washington in Euphrata. I think I spelled it wrong. I'm going to call her & see what they cost. I have heard of them but had forgot. Do you know how expensive they are?