Quilting Machine Frames >

Quilting Machine Frames

Quilting Machine Frames

Old 05-18-2010, 04:10 PM
Banned

Go to:
www.baileyssewingcenter.com

Mr Bailey and wife are so nice and if there are any problems
he deals with it. Can always phone him and he helps over the phone. Never had a problem though.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
What is INNOVA? Have heard of it I think. Isn't that Brother. The Bailey is just the machine & it will fit on your frame right. I will be glad to just have the frame. Eddie posted another thread & he got a Gammill without stitch regulator. Said he didn't need it. What are your thoughts?
http://www.abminternational.com/index.php

a company based in Texas <g>

The only reason I actually use a regulator that came with the frame is to keep the needle going up and down ... the alternative is to use the foot pedal or hold a button down the whole time.
I am not sure that my regulator works correctly, since if I stop, the needle continues going up and down, anyway.
When I first started using the system, I set the regulator on five, a medium speed ... then, I started trying to stitch a regular stitch - - I got either really tiny stitches or big loops ...
someone on the Board suggested slowing down my movements (well, <g> they weren't talking to me, but I was reading advice to others) ... and, I noticed that with a five, I lost the loops, but those pesky little stitches were back ... so, the only solution was to slow the regulator down, and finally, I am where I wouldn't bother with the regulator if I could figure out how to keep the needle moving.
At this point, I would have to say that I am probably not using it correctly, but I have listened to quite a few proficient quilters and they don't use the regulator, and others who wouldn't quilt without it ...
Does that help? <wave>
Old 05-18-2010, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by omak
What is INNOVA? Have heard of it I think. Isn't that Brother. The Bailey is just the machine & it will fit on your frame right. I will be glad to just have the frame. Eddie posted another thread & he got a Gammill without stitch regulator. Said he didn't need it. What are your thoughts?
http://www.abminternational.com/index.php

a company based in Texas <g>

The only reason I actually use a regulator that came with the frame is to keep the needle going up and down ... the alternative is to use the foot pedal or hold a button down the whole time.
I am not sure that my regulator works correctly, since if I stop, the needle continues going up and down, anyway.
When I first started using the system, I set the regulator on five, a medium speed ... then, I started trying to stitch a regular stitch - - I got either really tiny stitches or big loops ...
someone on the Board suggested slowing down my movements (well, <g> they weren't talking to me, but I was reading advice to others) ... and, I noticed that with a five, I lost the loops, but those pesky little stitches were back ... so, the only solution was to slow the regulator down, and finally, I am where I wouldn't bother with the regulator if I could figure out how to keep the needle moving.
At this point, I would have to say that I am probably not using it correctly, but I have listened to quite a few proficient quilters and they don't use the regulator, and others who wouldn't quilt without it ...
Does that help? <wave>
I looked them up. There is a sales rep about 35 miles from me. There is only one dealer in Washington in Euphrata. I think I spelled it wrong. I'm going to call her & see what they cost. I have heard of them but had forgot. Do you know how expensive they are?
Old 05-18-2010, 07:31 PM

I looked them up. There is a sales rep about 35 miles from me. There is only one dealer in Washington in Euphrata. I think I spelled it wrong. I'm going to call her & see what they cost. I have heard of them but had forgot. Do you know how expensive they are?

The dealer here has her shop about twelve miles from me!
When I first started pricing them two years ago, the 18" mid-arm was $7000 and I think the 26" was about ten thousand. What the prices are now, I couldn't even guess. You are probably wondering why I didn't just go with the INNOVA <g> fair question - - I was settling for what I could get in a heartbeat instead of waiting a few more months for the LQS to get their dealership established. NOT a good idea ... life lesson - - do NOT settle! Wait for the best you can get. <wave>
Old 05-19-2010, 09:03 AM

When I first started pricing them two years ago, the 18" mid-arm was $7000 and I think the 26" was about ten thousand. What the prices are now, I couldn't even guess. You are probably wondering why I didn't just go with the INNOVA <g> fair question - - I was settling for what I could get in a heartbeat instead of waiting a few more months for the LQS to get their dealership established. NOT a good idea ... life lesson - - do NOT settle! Wait for the best you can get. <wave>
At those prices, I won't be able to afford one. If I can get the Pinnacle I will be happy. Got a kid startin college in 2years so you know where my money will go.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:12 AM

At those prices, I won't be able to afford one. If I can get the Pinnacle I will be happy. Got a kid startin college in 2years so you know where my money will go.
Congratulations!
As we pointed out at the beginning of the discussion - - with the Pinnacle, it is designed to handle an 18" mid-arm machine, so (just wait and see <g>) you get a few quilts under your belt, and you will be quilting for lots of other people in no time!
Tip: Most of the people making quilts today are doing so as a way to benefit others with their resources and talents - - "charity quilts" is an understatement, but I haven't come up with a better word.
You wouldn't have to charge very much, but it might not take as long to get the mid-arm as you might think. (Just something to think about) <wave>
Old 05-19-2010, 09:17 AM

I owned a Grace and had an Elna with not much throat space on it. I did a number of quilts on it and liked it but sold the frame and kept the machine as a spare. I upgraded to Tin Lizzie 18 LS and it is on a grace frame--$8,000. I love it! No computer control but there is a regulator. The frame takes up a little more space than the older one. My other Grace had tracks the new one runs on rails like a Gammill. I can do on my Lizzie anything that can be done on a Gammill. Experienced a few probs in the beginning but the dealer and company made it right. And I have aleady lost count on how many quilts I have quilted since last Oct. I do some for others for $$. And I live in a small community in Alaska.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:41 PM

What is the difference between tracks and rails? I have a GMQ, and I would call them rails, but I'm not sure I know what I'm thinking of.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by hazeljane
What is the difference between tracks and rails? I have a GMQ, and I would call them rails, but I'm not sure I know what I'm thinking of.
Rails are actually conduit and the wheels ride on the conduit. Tracks are plastic pieces that fit in the grooves on the frame bed and the wheels run on those. That was the older version of the Grace MQ frame.