View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 09:12 AM
omak

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
Originally Posted by omak
I looked them up. There is a sales rep about 35 miles from me. There is only one dealer in Washington in Euphrata. I think I spelled it wrong. I'm going to call her & see what they cost. I have heard of them but had forgot. Do you know how expensive they are?

The dealer here has her shop about twelve miles from me!
When I first started pricing them two years ago, the 18" mid-arm was $7000 and I think the 26" was about ten thousand. What the prices are now, I couldn't even guess. You are probably wondering why I didn't just go with the INNOVA <g> fair question - - I was settling for what I could get in a heartbeat instead of waiting a few more months for the LQS to get their dealership established. NOT a good idea ... life lesson - - do NOT settle! Wait for the best you can get. <wave>
At those prices, I won't be able to afford one. If I can get the Pinnacle I will be happy. Got a kid startin college in 2years so you know where my money will go.
Congratulations!
As we pointed out at the beginning of the discussion - - with the Pinnacle, it is designed to handle an 18" mid-arm machine, so (just wait and see <g>) you get a few quilts under your belt, and you will be quilting for lots of other people in no time!
Tip: Most of the people making quilts today are doing so as a way to benefit others with their resources and talents - - "charity quilts" is an understatement, but I haven't come up with a better word.
You wouldn't have to charge very much, but it might not take as long to get the mid-arm as you might think. (Just something to think about) <wave>