Old 05-19-2010, 02:52 AM
barnbum

Here's the progress! I need to add the white on black strips this week--they're all cut! I picked out fabric for the backs!

I have not purchased one inch for this project! Even as much as I LOVE to buy fabric-this is good news! :lol:
I'm sticking to traditional gender likes because it really is what each gender likes. :lol: There's another story we do called "The Worry Stone" so that makes the boys' fabric choice even more special. There's a fabulous lesson in that book, too. The basic idea is to find a stone that fits in one's hand--with a smooth place for rubbing a thumb. I tell them there is no magic here, and as a Christian, if I'm having troubles, I pray (public school--but that's okay to say), then I ask them how rubbing a stone helps with worries and they come up with--it's a tension release-a place for one's anxious thoughts to work--and be relieved--as the stone is rubbed. I offer a basket of those inexpensive smooth stones often sold in craft shops, and each child can keep one and keep it in his/her desk to use as needed. They have to try them all out before they find the one that fits their hand pefectly. :wink: I love it when they search for one on their own though--it means more.

Okay--off to school....

some of the blocks, so far
[ATTACH=CONFIG]69918[/ATTACH]

backs: stones for the boys, daisies for the girls
[ATTACH=CONFIG]69919[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-69913.jpe   attachment-69914.jpe