Old 05-19-2010, 07:54 PM
amazon

Here goes!
Daphne and I am married to the man of my dreams and reality, We live in Eva ,Alabama USA .I am a stay at home mom to 4 kids DD-13,DS-10 1/2,DS-8,DS -soon to be 5 .I caught the quilting bug about 8 yrs ago and haven't stopped since.Southerns are well known for their accents and their hospitality and our sweet tea( to cope with the heat and humidity) Visit http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/genIn...ocIndex=261948 for info on our little town. And some of our favorite dishes are fried (anything, especially okra and squash)We have a dish called Alabama Scramble-Recipe- Gather Squash, (2-yellow, 1-Zucchini)2 med.- dicedGreen Tomatoes, 1 doz. pods ofOkra, 3-med.Red potatoes, 1/2-onion, 1tsp.salt and pepper to taste, 1 cup cornmeal and 1/2 cup flour.Cut up veggies into 1/2 inch pieces and add cornmeal, flour, salt and pepper, toss to coat. Place in preheated skillet with enough oil to just cover the bottom, cover and cook on medium gas heat for about 5-7 mins(don't leave this dish;browns fast) lift lid & check for browning, brown yet? Cook with lid on only about 15mins then leave off so it browns well.Turn and continue until everthing is scrambled well and golden brown.Serve with Pinto beans, turnip greens , slaw, pot roast and another southern staple CORNBREAD and a plate of cucumbers, onions, sliced tomatoes(red)Delish!And don't forget gallons of sweet tea.Ahh, southern nectar