View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 02:39 PM
Corry

Very generous of your MIL. Make sure it is machine embroidery thread is what you need to use. I think it is 40wt. Also wanted to tell you that your polyester embroidery thread is better to use if you are embroidering things that will be laundered very much at all. I was told the rayon is more for wall hangings and not that good for wearable items. Irt will not hold its color as well as the poly thread. I bought the singer Futura 3 yrs ago and have really enjoyed machine embroidery especially incorporating it into my quilting. I have bought most of my designs from Embroidery library online. They have a WONDERFUL section of their website that will help educate you on stabilizer and many aspects of M.E. Their designs are really good quality and I should know as I have bought several hundred of their designs. I am addicted to their site!!! lol They have wonderful sales every month, like buy 10 designs for $10.00 which are normally as much as $5.99 a design. Or now they have a sale that is 50% off sale. If you have any questions email me and I will try and help. Between my quilting addiction and M.E. I am incurable! But life is good!! lol Congratulations on your new machine.