Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Put a Bernina on layaway today... >

Put a Bernina on layaway today...

Put a Bernina on layaway today...

Old 05-12-2010, 07:37 PM

Wow! You got a terrific deal. I bought my Bernina Artista embroidery/sewing machine in 2002 and it was almost $5100.00........and that was with a 25% sale. Enjoy your new machine!
Old 05-12-2010, 11:30 PM

Sounds like a great price to me. I have 2 Bernina's...one at home and a small one on the truck... :thumbup:
Old 05-13-2010, 04:15 AM

I am so excited for you! Having just purchased a new Brother PQ9000 myself the best advise I can give is get to know your new baby, play w/ it awhile before attempting a project. How nice of the store owner to let you put it on lay away. Some many places gave me dirty looks when I inquired about lay aways. Please come back and let us know your process. Congrats!
Old 05-13-2010, 05:24 AM

Go to metroemb.com for thread. It's the cheapest price I have found and it sews beautifully. Right now it's priced at $.75 per spool for 1100 yards. They also have cutaway and tearaway stabilizers.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:02 PM
Google Goddess

great
Old 05-20-2010, 02:39 PM

Very generous of your MIL. Make sure it is machine embroidery thread is what you need to use. I think it is 40wt. Also wanted to tell you that your polyester embroidery thread is better to use if you are embroidering things that will be laundered very much at all. I was told the rayon is more for wall hangings and not that good for wearable items. Irt will not hold its color as well as the poly thread. I bought the singer Futura 3 yrs ago and have really enjoyed machine embroidery especially incorporating it into my quilting. I have bought most of my designs from Embroidery library online. They have a WONDERFUL section of their website that will help educate you on stabilizer and many aspects of M.E. Their designs are really good quality and I should know as I have bought several hundred of their designs. I am addicted to their site!!! lol They have wonderful sales every month, like buy 10 designs for $10.00 which are normally as much as $5.99 a design. Or now they have a sale that is 50% off sale. If you have any questions email me and I will try and help. Between my quilting addiction and M.E. I am incurable! But life is good!! lol Congratulations on your new machine.