Old 05-21-2010, 10:13 PM
JanetM

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
I've got a wall hanging pattern that I'm trying to decide how I'm going to put together. It recommends fusible web applique and this will be the first time I've worked with fusible web. At first I thought I would trace the pattern onto some sheets of overhead projector type material and use that over the top of my applique to line up the pieces. But then I started reading about applique pressing sheets. It seems you put the pattern under those (which are see through I assume?) and build your applique on top of the pressing sheet, and the fusible doesn't stick. Is this correct?

Those of you who have done this kind of applique before, which method do you find the easiest?
Yes, you are correct. You can see the pattern through the applique sheet. You place your appliques on top of the sheet (fabric side up), and arrange them according to your pattern. If the whole applique piece isn't too large, try to place it on one half of the applique sheet. Then fold the other half over it and press. Just in case your fusible is a tiny bit larger than your fabric piece, or if it has shifted, you won't get any fusible on your iron.
I hope this is clearer than mud. :lol: