Old 05-21-2010, 11:26 PM
Lostn51
Banned

This is something I purposely left off of the cleaning of the machine because it does not involve cleaning it is repairing the finish.

I have paint out on my shop that I had mixed to specifically to mimic the japan finish on the vintage Singer machines. But since I didn't think everyone would have a paint store near them to use my formula I thought I would try something different.

My machine had some really nice road rash going on and I wanted to make it at least more presentable than it was. So I went to the local Micheals and pilfered around in the paint and model section. I found a gloss black paint pen made by Testors that looked like it would fit the bill. I purchased it for a mere $2.49 and headed to the house to see if it would do the same thing my high end custom mix would do.

It worked perfectly and the nice thing is the color matched really well and you can find this at your local hobby store!!

All I did was pump the pen a few time to get the paint flowing and I touched up the areas that were missing the japan. I need this to dry for at least 1 to 2 days so that it will be good and dry upon the final polish of the machine. Yep you are going to be polishing some more!!!!

Here are the photos of what I fixed and even though the decals are worn and all it looks so much better that it did when I started it. I highly recommend this paint pen!!!

Billy

I set my machine back in its base again for this but you do not have to. You can see some of the road rash left behind from a loose motor on the pillar and the bed under it
[ATTACH=CONFIG]71208[/ATTACH]

Looks good except the road rash but we are going to make it go bye bye!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]71283[/ATTACH]

This is the Testors Paint Pen I picked up a Micheals for $2.49
[ATTACH=CONFIG]71284[/ATTACH]

Fixing the major case of the road rash
[ATTACH=CONFIG]71285[/ATTACH]

Right after I applied it but when it dries it matches really well
[ATTACH=CONFIG]71432[/ATTACH]

All fixed now just needs to dry!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]71433[/ATTACH]

After spending 30 minutes touching up everything and now I am going to let it dry for a couple of days before the final polish. Looks pretty good dont you think?!?!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]71434[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-71203.jpe   attachment-71278.jpe   attachment-71279.jpe   attachment-71280.jpe   attachment-71427.jpe  

attachment-71428.jpe   attachment-71429.jpe