Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Cleaning you Vintage Machine Part Three......Finish Repair >

Cleaning you Vintage Machine Part Three......Finish Repair

Cleaning you Vintage Machine Part Three......Finish Repair

Old 08-21-2010, 05:56 AM
Banned

Well its not a scary as it seems, the tension goes together really easily but make sure the pin is in place!!! other wise the tension will not release when you raise the presser foot.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-45816-1.htm

The tensioner in this tutorial is almost verbatim of the one in your 66. This might help you put it back together.

Billy
Old 08-21-2010, 06:03 AM

I have the pictures in front of me - I will try it in reverse. Please don't plan on going on holiday in the next day or two! Thanks!!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by chamby
Hi Billy,
I have not cleaned or put my machine back together yet. After I took it apart life got really busy. My husband says that I will not be able to put this back together. This got me a little scared. So I went on a hunt this morning to find all of your tutes. I have bookmarked them so that I will not lose them. Hopefully I will be able to get back on this shortly. I found 3 tutes. Is this all of them? I sure am glad I have a lap top so that I can carry it to the basement with me. As soon as I get all of this put back together I will post pics. Oh, yes, are you also going to post pics for refinishing the cabinet as well?
Thanks so much for your help. This means a lot to me.
Chamby

Every time I read this I think, "If only you were my neighbor!" Have you even touched it lately? Sorry, I just want to prove your spouse is wrong. You CAN get this back together! Courage, faith, and good clean tool area make a huge difference.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:57 PM

Chamby and her torn apart machine...

[/quote]Every time I read this I think, "If only you were my neighbor!" Have you even touched it lately? Sorry, I just want to prove your spouse is wrong. You CAN get this back together! Courage, faith, and good clean tool area make a huge difference.[/quote]

I keep pestering her. I'm wanting to prove her spouse is wrong! You and I can work together to get her standing proudly next to her put together and working machine!!
Old 04-13-2011, 04:16 PM

Wow I have so many that are wanting me to put my machine back together. I am just waiting for the weather to be nice for awhile. Then I have to get the instructions together from Billy. I also have to get my nerve up. I guess I will just have suck it up and just jump in.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:01 PM

Wow I have so many that are wanting me to put my machine back together. I am just waiting for the weather to be nice for awhile. Then I have to get the instructions together from Billy. I also have to get my nerve up. I guess I will just have suck it up and just jump in.
Yes!!! It's not "suck it up." It is, "When you have come to the edge of all the light you have known and are about to step out into the darkness. Faith is knowing one of two things will happen: there will be something to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly."

Johnathon Livingstone Seagull. A dear friend quotes it and touches my heart every time. Have faith in yourself my dear!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by redbugsullivan
Yes!!! It's not "suck it up." It is, "When you have come to the edge of all the light you have known and are about to step out into the darkness. Faith is knowing one of two things will happen: there will be something to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly."

Johnathon Livingstone Seagull. A dear friend quotes it and touches my heart every time. Have faith in yourself my dear!!!
Wow, I love this quote.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:56 AM

I was just wondering where parts one and two of this tutorial went? The links I have are no longer working.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...ly-t45816.html

http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...ng-t45983.html

Thanks!
Old 07-02-2012, 06:10 AM

They were removed because some of the techniques used in them have caused irreparable damage to machines.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:16 AM

Thanks for letting me know! Several of my friends were trying to find the links and we wondered why they were gone. I'll let them know too.