Thread: Hancocks?
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 12:42 PM
Bev

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
well of course a shop owner would say that. not all shop owners, to be sure. most are ethical and wouldn't trash the competition like that. :hunf:

hancock's fabrics run nearly the whole Snooty Scale ... from 1 to 8. (scale is 1 to 10)

and here's a news flash. not all LQS carry 9s and 10s.

so there.
I said she USED to be a shop owner. That was many years ago. I don't think she'd have an axe to grind any longer. And she's really a very ethical and lovely older lady who has been around a quilt shop or two. I've never heard her say a bad word about anyone. This was just a remark in passing that she made. In the days when I was learning from her, I couldn't afford an LQS and bought from other sources. She never said anything about my choices of fabrics.
And here's another news flash, most quilt shops I've been in DO have good quality fabric. Although one shop I visited on a hop DID carry a few panels from a lower quality line. So, one out of a few dozen ain't bad. It goes back to what everyone here has been saying all along, buy the best you can afford and to heck with what everyone else does!