Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hancocks? >

Hancocks?

Hancocks?

Old 06-28-2010, 06:10 PM

Ours won't give you an extra inch or even an extra thread when they cut fabric. In fact, you are usually shorted some. And don't try to argue/fight them about it. Doesn't work. They don't care.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:14 PM

I don't like the Hancocks near us either. The staff is "standoffish" - not sure if that's how to describe them. ALWAYS have to stand in line...even if I'm the only one there to check out...they're always busy somewhere else. I like to buy coodinating fabrics at one time.....not take a chance I can't find what I want. 9 times out of 10, i can't find anything to coordinate in their store. Now - I'm the first to say that the stores are franchises and each manager is different. I LOVE the Hancocks in Salem, Oregon!!!! Completely opposite in all the above.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:34 PM
tmg

I don't have either one near me. I do a lot of shopping at Hobby Lobby. They don't carry as much fabric but thats the way it is.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:36 PM

My Hancocks only sells the cheap cotton fabric, but I buy notions and other items from them.
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
Old 06-28-2010, 07:32 PM

Our Hancock's (Chattanooga, TN) is okay overall. The selection is good, and the quality and prices are good for the most part. Some stuff seems high, but if you look, you can find some deals.

However, the store is hard to get around in, with very narrow aisles that only have room for one person. If they're crowded, you may as well forget it. :shock:

The only other real option nearby is Hobby Lobby, and unless you've got a coupon, they're sky-high on prices. Even their remnants are often pricey. Nice fabric, though.

The nearest Walmart still has some fabric, but not as much as before. The prices have gone up, too, but are still competitive. The next-nearest Walmart's fabric department is GONE. They had an awesome selection ... the best I've seen at any Walmart store. Bummer. :cry:

I've been buying most of my fabrics online lately, from a few trusted eBay sellers. Even with shipping, it comes out cheaper, and there's a much bigger selection. :)
Old 06-28-2010, 07:52 PM

Our local Hancocks leaves a lot to be desired for customer service, quality materials and freiendlyness. Last week I did decide to go in and see if they had anything new and seen some blenders in very pretty colors. I bought some of four different ones. When I got home I opened my sack and a horrible odor came off the fabric! When I looked at the material closer I realized it was not the quality $9.00 fabric should be. I did take it back and told them about the awful odor. They never put up one bit of an arguement and I would bet they had already had complaints about it. It was from a new line of theirs called Lil Mis. I have noticed the prices getting higher there...as much as $12.00 for some fabrics and the quality just isn't there. Just lately the local JoAnns store started carrying more quilting fabric but have to check the quality out closely.