View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 06:45 PM
Sunflower Girl

I bought a "new" sewing machine in Amarillo at the Viking Sewing Center at Joann's on May 2nd. Today I thought I'd better get it registered so I went online to do the registration. After entering all my info I was informed by Viking that it was already registered and had no warranty as warranties weren't transferrable. I was a little upset! I bought what I thought was a new machine that was a display model and was the only one they had for this particular model. It was on sale for $1699.00, reg. price $2499.00 (this model is being discontinued). I called the dealer immediately and she said "Oh, the 870, yes it was, let me call the company and get back with you." I waited until 5:00 this afternoon and called them back again, and was told that the previous regional manager had taken this machine as a trade in and they were unaware that this was not "logged in" as used. They said they will order me a new machine from the company and it would take 7-10 days. She did offer to sell me the 875 but it is $300 more. I said I wanted the 870 because that is what I thought I was buying new. Told her I didn't pay for a used machine. Has anyone else ever encountered anything like this?????????? I never dreamed that this would happen with an authorized dealer!