View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 02:34 PM
raptureready

My short retreat was WONDERFUL!!!!! I was able to finish a lot of stuff, including my Hickory Nut table topper, 4 placemats and 8 coasters. Also I got an Americana wallhanging quilted and the binding sewn on the front, hemmed a pair of shorts for DD and put a zipper in a sweatshirt jacket. I also did one of my blocks for a BOM that I'm in, and last but not least got all my fabrics cut and labeled for the Carol Doak's workshop I'm taking upon my return. I got a couple other blocks cut out, taught another lady how to make the "nuts" quilt blocks, taught someone else how to use Thangles and in general had a great time. It was my first overnight quilting retreat but it won't be my last. I've got two free nights coming, one from a door prize at the Judy Martin trunk show and one from reward points. There's another open retreat in July and one in Sept. and Nov. If anyone want's to go just pm Mary Bird here on this board. She's a member now, she's also the organizer of open retreats at THREADS OF TIME FABRIC STORE. The open retreats are every other month and usually from 3pm on Sunday to sometime Thursday or you can go for a day or two if that's what you want. You just take your sewing machine and supplies, projects you want to work on, and food. BUT, if you forget some of your supplies there's a FANTASTIC fabric store just through the door. Anyway, if you want to do it, pm Mary and she'll give you all the particulars.