View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 07:04 AM
Carol's Quilts

I can't believe I lost my recipe for never-fail nut rolls. I was never able to make them until I ran across this recipe. I was just channel-surfing one day several years ago and came across this lovely lady who was promising her recipe was never-fail. I don't know what her name was, or which channel it was, but it was obvious that she had a regular cooking session on whatever program that was. (I think it was a Christian channel but I'm not positive). I would dearly appreciate any help any of you out there could give me.

The recipe called for sour cream in the dough which was brought to a boil. Then I think she added the sugar until it dissolved, let the sour cream cool to lukewarm and then added a crumbled cake of fresh yeast. I think the recipe called for only 3 c. flour and of course some salt, eggs and butter.

The nut filling is a cooked filling using walnuts, sugar, milk, butter and eggs.

The recipe made 3 rolls which she placed side by side in a 9 x 12 baking pan.

They came out perfect (except mine split a little at the seams, but I've since learned to prick the dough with a toothpick before baking). I only make them at Christmas and due to health reasons and not feeling well, have not made them the last 2 years. In the meantime, the recipe disappeared. I'd love to have it back. Can anyone help?