View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 08:34 AM
mrsdralshhadeh

Originally Posted by azgal
My youngest of two- son 19- leaves for Ft. Benning on Tuesday.
We're having a family bar-b-que today at my daughter's. It's going to be so tough! Got some projects lined up for the summer. I'm a teacher so I have some time off. Wish it was happening during the school year.......
Army mommy,,, I wish your son all the best,, I am also in the service, I went through BCT ih Ft, Jackson, SC. And my advice to you as a parent,, send letters,, lots of them,, cards, ( NO MUSICAL ONES!!!!lol) pictures of the family... the more the better. The phone calls are sporadic,, and sometimes not at all. And so a letter for him, will brighten his mood, and make the days go faster. Remember on thing,,, to be a good solider,, we need our support at home.
And advice for your son,, remember to always keep your chin up,, never quit,, and never show a weakness. This is the beginning of a career, and the best you do now,,, will follow you. Train and learn,,and then move forward,, nevr address them as sir or mam' only by drill sgt,,,,, the days seem long,,and the weeks even longer,, but make the ebst of it,, and remember,, what you learn there,, may save you, or your friends life...
Best of luck,,, my thoughts and prayers are with you!!! :thumbup: