View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 02:10 PM
grammypatty7

Originally Posted by fabric-holic
I know this weekend is the deadline to upgrade to EQ7 for a great price.
But my problem is I never used EQ6 after I bought it....it was just too complicated for me.
I just can't decide if I should upgrade something I still might not be able to grasp.
Is there anyone else on the fence like me?
Just my opinion, if you're not fond of EQ6, 7 may not be for you. I just purchased EQ 6 about 7 weeks ago and was so impressed with it that I did pre-order 7 upgrade but although I may not use it a lot, as I'm learning how to use it (just completed lesson 4 in the manual), I do know It'll come in handy a lot. I recommend you get comfortable with 6 first and if you can't or don't care for it, then you won't be wasting more money. I didn't learn about the upgrade until the day before my 6 was delivered and I was not happy as there was NOT a word about 7 on the website at that point. I would have waited but decided that since I like it, I know I'll want 7, so I put out the little bit more to get the upgrade. Actually when you realize the low cost of the upgrade, it is definitely worth getting BUT only if you will learn how to use it.

If you can't learn from the manual, you could try a class from quiltuniversity.com (inside of your EQ6 manual) I've heard the classes are wonderful and very worth the money. I've found the manual very easy to use but you do have to focus on what you're doing at the time and NO interruptions which is hard to accomplish for many of us