View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 04:19 PM
danmar

Hi there! As a lot of you probably already know from my many posts, I have been having a terrible time with my sewing machines. I have one here now that works half the time that I'm using, but it is soooo aggravating and disappointing.

Well! Guess what happened this morning? My DH said that he is going to buy me a new sewing machine. Well, actually maybe 2! I have to find out where I can test drive some around here first and decide what I want for sure. I have read every post on here that comes up doing multiple searches on sewing machines. I will try out several brands but I am thinking maybe a Janome or a Brother.

I will take my "sandwich size quilt sandwiches" with me to practice on and some 2 1/2" squares, as my old sewing machine had problems with thickness when I tried making 8 point stars for my Carpenter's Stars. Anyways, I saw this morning that one member on here mentioned having a Brother XL 3750, with the extension table. That is the kind of machine that I bought for each of my daughters. Problem is, neither of them have had much time for using them to see if they are really worth buying.

So, here's my question. Who out there has this sewing machine? I am going to buy one for me to use until I can get a really good one somewhere later. I will need a backup sewing machine anyways. They have them at amazon.com for little money but I would like to know how they perform before I buy one if possible. (Make sure that it's worth it.)

If you have this machine or know anyone who does, and know how it works, I'd love to hear from you. Thanking you all in advance.

Marilyn