View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 12:20 AM
patricej
Administrator

Originally Posted by mrsdralshhadeh
Originally Posted by PatriceJ
we have a battalion of Warriors in Transition (aka Wounded Warriors) here, at Fort Stewart, in Georgia.

our local guild is trying to collect 500 quilts by November for them. if you knew how small the guild is, you'd know how hard we're working to help them meet the goal. :shock:

i think i will have turned red, white & blue by the time november rolls around! :lol:
Hello there,, I am in a WTU here in Ft Dix NJ,, and beleive me,, I wish there was a program here for this. I have asked the MWR ( morale , welfare and recreation) if they have any,, I would like to participate,,and they sadly said no, as many of the soliders here are usually males,, so,, thank you for al that you and however small the guild is,,!!!! :thumbup:
the quilts project is not a WTU program. the guild is a civilian community group. check the local newspapers to see if there's a guild in a nearby civilian community. if you don't find anything in the papers, try contacting some local Chambers of Commerce. they might have information.