View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 11:07 AM
nursie76

I sooo understand how frustrating it is to fight with a machine that isn't working properly when all you want to do is sew.

In December of 2008 I graduated with my Masters and finally had time to get back into sewing and restart quilting that I had learned just prior to returning to school. I hadn't done much sewing since 2001 and when I tried to use my older Singer, it just wasn't a go (I still have her and will get her fixed) and I wanted to start now! So DH ordered a newer Singer Quilter model...Bleck, she and I just didn't get along, but by January, I did manage to wrestle a flannel quilt out of her. I was soooo frustrated! So in July of last year, DH heard about some used Berninas for sale at the craft dept at the college where he worked. We decided to go to a Bernina dealers to see what this model looked and sewed like...well.....DH talked me into a used Bernina 440QE, and in March of this year at the Lancaster, PA quilt showed he talked me into an upgrade of a demo 730. I love it. However, he also got me a Brother CE4000 to use to piece while the other is embroidering and I was impressed with the machine. It does a fine job on piecing and has about 30 fancy 7mm stitches which stitch out very nicely. I am sure you will love your Brother, and you will have even more stitches which just makes it all the more fun!!! I can't wait to see what you will make when the machine prompts your creative juices to flow!!!

Congrats! Don't forget pics of the new baby!